Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tessiess

Eyeconic Pomegranate Lemonade

I just picked up 2 of these at my local Armstrong's today. Last year I saw pictures of this hulthemia on Jim Sproul's blog with the announcement it would be introduced this year. Love the color and the strong blotch. It's supposed to stay on the small side (around 1 foot tall I think??). Well anyway I'm working on the redesign on a part of my garden where one of the white-flowered Rosa minutifolia's is going in as sort of a focal point. I wanted another rose that doesn't look like a rose (minutifolia's foliage really is unusual looking, more like a fern) and the blotches on hulthemias make them look like pansy flowers to me. Just the ticket for this planting. So I got on Facebook last week and asked Armstrong if they had any. They did, a grand total of 9 at all their stores (and Star Roses, the distributor, is sold out for 2013). Decided to get 1, then changed my mind and ordered 2. The only drawback is they came in 5 gallon pots which means I have to dig BIG holes (as I age 1 gallon pots look better and better to me). Yet all is forgiven as they are about to bloom! When they do I'll post some pics, but in the meantime I'm adding a link below to Jim Sproul's blog with his pictures.

Melissa

Here is a link that might be useful: New Eyeconic for 2013

Comments (8)

Sponsored
KA Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading General Contractors in Columbus