Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kittymoonbeam

Blush Boursault

kittymoonbeam
11 years ago

I'm happy that I took a chance on this pretty rose. The slender smooth canes are a joy and the sweet little flowers hang down in a pretty way. Every year, I like it more than the year before.

Comments (11)

• kittymoonbeam
    Original Author
    11 years ago

This rose blooms early, before my Bourbons, HPs and DAs growing nearby.

• floridarosez9 Morgan
    11 years ago

Very pretty, Kitty.

• rosefolly
    11 years ago

We don't see the boursaults used very much. I have often wondered about them. There is something about the once-blooming ramblers that appeals to me.

Rosefolly

• ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9
    11 years ago

She's an exquisite rose and a very worthy one to introduce the spring blooming season in your garden. How nice to see one of the lesser-known roses here.

Ingrid

• Poorbutroserich Susan Nashville
    11 years ago

Lovely. Been curious about the Boursaults. Thanks for sharing!
    Susan

• kittymoonbeam
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I didn't buy it because it was a rambler, I was just looking for thornless roses. It's more of a tall arching shrub for me and not really a climber that wants to grow long winding canes into a tree. It self supports very nicely.

• catsrose
    11 years ago

My BB arrived today. I am glad to hear she self-supports, because that gives me more options on where to put her. I have Mme Sancy and L'Heritieranea on arbors, so maybe I'll just let BB grow free.

• seil zone 6b MI
    11 years ago

It's lovely, Kitty! Nice clear shade of pink.

• kittymoonbeam
    Original Author
    11 years ago

The first small canes will be floppy so tie them upright to a support until they grow some sturdy canes.

• mariannese
    11 years ago

I have a found Blush Boursault from an old garden in Uppsala. The house was built in 1650 but the rose was probably planted some time between 1837 and 1846.

• Krista_5NY
    11 years ago

Beautiful! I can see why you love it.

Sponsored
Hoppy Design & Build
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Northern VA Award-Winning Deck ,Patio, & Landscape Design Build Firm