Return to the Antique Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Blush Boursault

Posted by kittymoonbeam 10 (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 27, 13 at 23:57

I'm happy that I took a chance on this pretty rose. The slender smooth canes are a joy and the sweet little flowers hang down in a pretty way. Every year, I like it more than the year before.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Blush Boursault

This rose blooms early, before my Bourbons, HPs and DAs growing nearby.

o

Very pretty, Kitty.

o

We don't see the boursaults used very much. I have often wondered about them. There is something about the once-blooming ramblers that appeals to me.

Rosefolly

o

She's an exquisite rose and a very worthy one to introduce the spring blooming season in your garden. How nice to see one of the lesser-known roses here.

Ingrid

o

Lovely. Been curious about the Boursaults. Thanks for sharing!
Susan

o

I didn't buy it because it was a rambler, I was just looking for thornless roses. It's more of a tall arching shrub for me and not really a climber that wants to grow long winding canes into a tree. It self supports very nicely.

o

My BB arrived today. I am glad to hear she self-supports, because that gives me more options on where to put her. I have Mme Sancy and L'Heritieranea on arbors, so maybe I'll just let BB grow free.

o

• Posted by seil z6b MI (My Page) on
    Thu, Mar 28, 13 at 18:53

It's lovely, Kitty! Nice clear shade of pink.

o

The first small canes will be floppy so tie them upright to a support until they grow some sturdy canes.

o

I have a found Blush Boursault from an old garden in Uppsala. The house was built in 1650 but the rose was probably planted some time between 1837 and 1846.

o

Beautiful! I can see why you love it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Antique Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here