Return to the Antique Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Mme Legras de St Germain

Posted by thorn_grower Zone 5 (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 24, 11 at 14:04

I've been growing this rose for 8 yrs or so, its been crowded out by a rugosa. So I ordered another to put in a better spot. I love the blooms even though it gets blackspot. I'm just wondering if others have had good luck with it. How tall and wide.. Mine is only 6x5 not very dense, rather sparse.

Thnx Mark

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Mme Legras de St Germain

Mine has been at the northeast corner of a ground level deck for at least 14 years, and is about the same size as yours, although very full. I have to prune off broken canes every spring, as it gets a lot of snow piled on it. Not too much bs -but is is a very well ventilated, even breezy location.
I have had great luck pegging canes down in the spring, and separating off new plants in the fall or the following spring to give away.
I really love this rose, as she takes absolutely no special attention other than the spring pruning.

o
RE: Mme Legras de St Germain

Thats great to here. I had very little blackspot with her until the rugosa started invading her space. I'm hoping a more open spot will help with this problem.

Mark

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Antique Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here