Return to the Antique Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Teasing Georgia

Posted by peachiekean z10a CA So. Cal. (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 23, 11 at 16:15

This morning my husband and I went to the Abbey to see Fr. Jerome's spring garden! The place is in full bloom with irises, lavender, roses, roses, roses and more roses. The picture is Jerome and me standing in front of a huge Teasing Georgia that I had planted at my little rose garden and a few years back and decided to give to Fr. Jerome where it could have some room to grow. Wow! It's a sight to see. Thank you again, Jerome, for having us up.
Photobucket
Happy Easter!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Teasing Georgia

Beautiful. My Teasing Georgia is putting out HUGE blooms this year. I love this rose.

o

Very nice. I love seeing GW people and secondarily it really shows how BIG those blooms are. What a gorgeous plant (and people).

o

• Posted by hoovb z9 Southern CA (My Page) on
    Sat, Apr 23, 11 at 20:17

Wonderful! Happy smiles--how could the smiles not be happy with a rose like that to look at?

o

It is so much fun when Forum friends come up to visit. For some reason, Mary's Teasing Georgia was the Austin that gave me confidence I could grow them, and now many of them do well for me. It is a beautiful rose, and people walk over to the end of the high school building just to look at it.

I started taking care of our roses in March of 2004, and started gardening (redesigning and reconfiguring areas etc) that November. It's amazing to see how the plants mature and what happens. This spring flush is something unbelievable...and each year seems to get better and better.

Each year I try to have a theme. This year, it's "Feed the Roses". I am trying to do something nice for them once every month.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Antique Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here