Return to the Antique Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
General Gallieni

Posted by ronda_in_carolina Upstate SC -7a (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 8, 11 at 18:41

General Gallieni...what a beauty!!

The sun was setting and all I had was my phone (camera) sorry the pictures aren't great...but the colors show.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: General Gallieni

I'm still struggling to grow it here, but I think it's among the loveliest of Teas.

Jeri
Coastal Ventura Co., SoCal

o

Phone or not, those are beautiful pictures of a beautiful rose, Rhonda!
I posted a picture of my General on another thread, but I'll repost. :)
Image posted by Photobucket.com

Sherry

o

He is the first to bloom in my garden. I cut a few this morning with some azaelea :^) ...

General Gallieni

o

I saw my first good blooms of GG earlier this spring, and I was blown away. The petals are totally different from any flower I have ever seen. They look like stained glass - kind of shiny and translucent. Yours is gorgeous, Ronda.

Sherry

Here is a link that might be useful: If only sweat were irrigation...

o

More pictures here: http://forums2.gardenweb.com/forums/load/roses/msg0422443118822.html?8

Here is a link that might be useful: Posting on rose forum

o

Has anyone had success growing General Gallieni in MI, zone 5? I'd really like to try it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Antique Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here