Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cemeteryrose

Class on Old Garden Roses - Sacramento Cemetery

cemeteryrose
13 years ago

Once again, my friend Bill Harp and I will be conducting a class/tour about Old Garden Roses, their history, and some of their distinguishing features. It's a two-hour workshop. We'll lecture for a bit, pass around samples of roses, and then go for a walk in the cemetery garden. We'll be discussing Old European roses (Gallicas, Damasks, Centifolias, Damask Perpetuals and Albas), Asian roses (Teas and Chinas)and their repeat-blooming hybrids (Bourbons, Hybrid Perpetuals and Noisettes). We will not be talking about Hybrid Teas, but plan to do a follow-on class this fall to talk about HTs, Hybrid Musks, and Polyanthas.

The class/tour will be at 10 am on May 7th. The cemetery is at 1000 Broadway in Sacramento. Parking is across the street.

We did this class for the first time last year and it was a lot of fun. I think of it as a class in "how to tell a Tea from a Bourbon without being driven to drink."

The class is free, but we'll gladly accept donations to support the cemetery and its gardens. We're an all-volunteer effort.

Anita

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus