Posted by vettin z6b Northern VA (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 29, 11 at 21:10

Trying to plan and thinking of putting these in this order in front of a wall:

Cl Dame Edith Helen
Jules Bouches (not Cl)
Cl Oklahoma
Cl Lady Hillingdon
Le Vesuve

The list I have to choose from is linked (except instead of Ards Rover and Cl orchid masterpiece hope to get CL Lady Hillingdon, Mme Jules Bouche, Orfeo since originally two not available).

Blossomtime, Oklahoma and Peace I already know exactly were to put.

And what goes with Abe Darby??

How would you group these?

Here is a link that might be useful: options to choose from

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Trying to put roses next to each other.

I like Abe with Lady Hillingdon or Peace :) He goes really well with pale pinks, too. It depends on what you like. He adds a warmer tone, so if you like that with your pinks, excellent. I do beds where I have all totally cool colors, and that's where I don't put him in.

Compassion is similar to Abe that way, imho.

La France has more blue tones than some pinks of that lightness/darkness. I like to play that up by putting her with violet-based roses. I think Blossomtime is supposed to have mauve tones, too, but mine did poorly in the winter and I still won't get to see her bloom for a while. Le Vesuve looks to have a lot of mauve going on.

Hugonis is a clear yellow, so he's useful anywhere you are looking for straight yellow with no peachy tones.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Antique Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here