Return to the Antique Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Garden in April

Posted by collinw 7b (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 26, 11 at 23:42

http://collinsgarden.weebly.com/index.html

Here is a link that might be useful: Garden in April.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Garden in April

Wow, so beautiful, just not April I went all the way to March. Lovely flowers and awesome pics, thank you for sharing.

o

Simply magnificent. Thank you so much for sharing.
Jeannie

o

I want to walk along your front walk.
Everything looks so fresh and springlike.
Lovely. Thank-you.
Daisy

o

That's lovely Collin. Thank you for sharing your garden with us.

o

Very nice! I hope your neighbors are inspired to emulation.
Melissa

o

Collin, your garden is lovely. You have many of the roses I love, and your irises are superb. I agree, your neighbors need to get busy. Why are most front yards sooo boring?

Ingrid

o

I really enjoyed this, collin; I clicked through every month. I just love your rose choices.

o

Thanks everyone.
Ingrid: I think that Americans worship lawns and believe that gardens are too difficult to maintain. If you add up all of the time that I spend on my garden it probably isn't significantly more than most people spend pampering their lawns. The only difference is, that I do a little every day. I am slowly eliminating all of my lawn. I planted my entire side yard in dutch clover this spring, which is much lovelier than grass IMHO.And it is a nitrogen fixer and bees love it, win, win, and win.

I have a neighbor who otherwise is very nice, who pejoratively refers to my yard as 'so English'. I take it as a compliment.

o

Colin - wow. "English" or not, your garden is lovely!

Thank you for sharing.

Cheers,
Jo

o

Collin - thank you so much for sharing these photos. They are a reflection of your marvelous care. I would love to know what the exquisite dark lavendar rose #13 of 15 on Page 2 March is?

o

Thanks everyone.
Harmonyp - That lavender rose is Reine des Violettes.

o

Thanks so much Collin. I've heard so much about Reine des Violettes, but hadn't really seen a good photo. I absolutely love lavendar roses. After seeing your picture, this beautiful rose will be a MUST HAVE for me!

o

Collin, I'm not sure whether people don't know or don't care that their lawns might as well be cemeteries as far as most insects and birds are concerned. Good for you for planting clover for the bees! I have three huge bushes of marjoram that bloom month after month and the bees love them. They're not the most glamorous plant but I wouldn't think of taking them out. Our bees need all the help they can get. I shudder to think of all the chemicals that are poured on lawns and then you end up with - grass. Boring! Also, working in a garden of gorgeous plants is a pleasure whereas tending a patch of grass sounds like a soulless chore.

Ingrid

o

• Posted by seil z6 MI (My Page) on
    Thu, Apr 28, 11 at 19:17

Your garden is lovely, Collin!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Antique Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here