Return to the Antique Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Zephirine Drouhin & Reine des Violettes

Posted by Sara-Ann z6b OK (My Page) on
Sun, May 4, 14 at 8:57

A picture of my Zephirine Drouhin rose, which is just beginning to bloom. I am excited about it and my other old garden roses, because I haven't had much experience with them. I planted them last year and am very pleased with their progress. I don't know what normal production for these roses is, but for the second year, I am fairly certain they are doing good. ZD has buds all over it, the bush is huge. Reine des Violettes has about half a dozen shoots on it, with about a dozen or more buds on each of them. Mme. Isaac Pereire has about the same number, it hasn't bloomed yet. I'm not bragging, I'm just pleased, because I had no idea what to expect from any of them this spring.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Zephirine Drouhin & Reine des Violettes

REINE DES VIOLETTES

o

Your ZD & RdV look great!
They appear to be off to a terrific start.
I got a kick out of you saying " I'm not bragging". People are allowed to "brag" about two things ... their kids and their roses!
Thanks for sharing these beauties with us.

Randy

o

• Posted by seil z6b MI (My Page) on
    Sun, May 4, 14 at 11:45

Brag away, Sara, they're beautiful!

o

Thank you Randy and Seil. It is a shame that with my lack of expertise in photography I can't capture the true beauty of these roses. Maybe it's the way the sun is hitting Reine des Violettes, it's beauty is breathtaking. Yes, I suppose I am bragging, I'm sure I will continue.

o

Sara-Ann, for second-year roses these are wonderful and you should be bragging. I have a fairly new Reine de Violettes and love seeing your picture. Mine has only had one bloom and I can see from your picture what I have to look forward to.

Hope to see many more pictures!

Ingrid

o

I got all the roses you mentioned this year as bare roots and will be excited as you if they looked like that next year..

Please keep bragging :)

SCG

o

Ingrid - Thank you so much, I hope yours does good. Thank you, SCG, I wish you the same with your roses. I really appreciate the nice comments.

o

ZD always puts on a great spring show. And the fragrance can fill a whole yard.

o

Reine des Violettes is really purple. It is more beautiful than I ever dreamed it would be, I love it!

o

ZD really started more blooming today.

o

ZD was the first of the OGRs we received at our house. She can really take a good cutting back after the bloom season, too!
I also have RDV to put in the ground nearby. Its a replacement for the one that was inadvertently yanked out in a weeding frenzy... Yeah, I was as mad about it as you can imagine...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Antique Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here