Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
alana8asc

Hope this is fine, anyone interested??

Alana8aSC
9 years ago

I hope this is ok, because no one has commented or messaged me on the exchange forum :( I've waited a while so decided to post on here, Thanks !!

Hey I lost a couple of roses to this weird winter. I need cuttings of Rose de Recsct , Souv. de la Malmasion, Madame Marie Curie, and Mme. Laurette Messemy. I may have to reorder the last one because RU has the right one I know a couple of places don't. If anyone is interested please email me or message me on here. Most of my roses are listed but message me with what you would like to trade as some of them are not big enough yet..Thanks!!

Comments (5)

• seil zone 6b MI
    9 years ago

The only one I have is Rose de Rescht and at the moment I'm not sure how much of it is still alive. It will be weeks before I know if I'll have anything to take cuttings from.

• Alana8aSC
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Well thanks seil! At least you let me know! Hope to hear from some in warmer climates, but I think even some of them have been having bad storms lately :( I just hate to re-buy them when they were just bought last year. I would just chuck them up to say they were unsuitable for my climate, but their supposed to be :( I hope your roses do well seil, how are the teas and chinas you had inpots? I had some make it through winter and then the canes shrivel up :( weird weather !

• bluegirl_gw
    9 years ago

Hey Alana, sorry for your losses (what a sucky year it's been so far!)

I have Mme. Laurette Messime from Chamblees, & it usually roots easily. Souv. del la Malmaison does, too, usually.

So give me a holler this fall & I should have babies, if you want some.

• pat_bamaz7
    9 years ago

Alana,
    My SdlM is currently only about six inches tall after our hard winter, so I can't be of any help on that one. Both my Rose de Rescht bushes came through with little dieback, though. They are full of buds that are just beginning to open right now. I've never had much luck rooting cuttings and have never mailed any, but if you aren't able to get any from someone more experienced, I'd be glad to try to send you some. Cut about six inches from a cane that has just finished blooming, wrap the end in wet paper and then in a plastic bag, box them up and mail them...is that right?

• Alana8aSC
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks everyone!

Thanks bluegirl and I'll give you a holler this fall, if I don't already have SDLM, I got a email and someone might be sending that one if they are able, if they are not I'll email you.Thanks!

Hey pat_bamaZ7 what you said sounds right to me, I haven't had anyone message me about Rose de Resct if you would email me I'll give you my address and if their is anything you would like, let me know in the email,. I just finally started getting good with cuttings! If you would rather I root something for you let me know in the email, I do have a couple of things started. I'll let you know what they are in the email. Thanks so much!

I know everyone has had a bad winter this year. I appreciate everyone's who is trying to help. I hope everyone's roses pulled through this horrible winter to some extent. If anyone else lost anything..feel free to post here is you like. If these were not new plants bought last year though, I would probably just re-order. Again Thank You Everyone!!

Sponsored
High Point Cabinets
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars21 Reviews
Columbus' Experienced Custom Cabinet Builder | 4x Best of Houzz Winner