Return to the Antique Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Abe Darby is a Beauty

Posted by organic_kitten 7 (My Page) on
Fri, May 13, 11 at 15:42

I bought this one as a band from Heirloom. It tried to die, and I took it into the house and had it under lights and the cooler air. It gradually recovered.

I planted it in the fall, and it hasn't looked back. It has bloomed well, and is growing at a tremendous rate.

Today, I decided to take a pi of a few of its blooms:

Photobucket

kay

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Abe Darby is a Beauty

He sure is a beauty! Thanks for posting.

My bush just went completely out of bloom & I'll miss that wonderful unique fragrance.

Watching for buds here!

o

Great picture of a lovely rose--

Florence

o

I've had mine for a few years and this is the first year it's really pushed out the blooms and they are incredible. Mine is also done for the moment, and I can't wait for the next flush.

o

Your rose is gorgeous. This is one of my very favorite Austins but unfortunately it didn't like my hot, dry weather. It obviously likes yours just fine!

Ingrid

o

Thanks so much for looking and commenting on my pic. ...Abe likes it so far, Ingrid, but he may not be so happy when full summer comes...it won't be dry, but it will be hot. He is growing so much and he has been blooming so nicely, I love it.

kay

o

Abe's a winner despite the BS. one of the few susceptible to disease I'll make a serious attempt to keep healthy.

o

He's definitely gorgeous, Kay. So glad your extra effort got him through his rough period.

Sherry

Here is a link that might be useful: If only sweat were irrigation...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Antique Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here