Return to the Antique Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Austrian Yellow and Dr. F. L. Skinner

Posted by lerosier3 7 (My Page) on
Fri, May 13, 11 at 22:20

I am getting budwood for Dr. F. L. Skinner and Austrian Yellow. Does anyone know someone in western Washington (or anywhere in the western US) who might be willing to bud for me? Neither of these roses are available in the US. I have a book on budding and could probably follow the instructions but I would not like to try on any roses that are hard to get.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Austrian Yellow and Dr. F. L. Skinner

lerosier3, Burling Leong at Burlington Roses in California does grafting work. I think she's in Visalia. She was an associate of Ralph Moore's for many years and is an expert grafter. Or so I understand - this isn't first hand knowledge.

She does sell great roses and is very nice, though. I do know that first hand! Good luck, Gean

o

If you're importing the budwood from an international source there are probably federal plant quarantine laws/regulations you need to follow. Unless I'm much mistaken foreign rose budwood can be infected with plant virus diseases we don't yet have in this country and they can be infected with them without showing any symptoms at all.

o

There is no quaranteen from Canada which is where the roses are coming from. Roses from Europe are under a two year quaranteen and require an import permit.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Antique Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here