Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
silverkelt

Rose Season is here.. 20+ pics

silverkelt
12 years ago

Forgive me if you have dial up, I feel your pain.

Duchesse De Montebello

{{gwi:258375}}

{{gwi:258376}}

Crocus Rose

{{gwi:277893}}

{{gwi:277895}}

Comte De Chambord

{{gwi:277897}}

Cardinal De Richelieu (what a color)

{{gwi:277899}}

Prarie Joy

{{gwi:277901}}

John Davis cascading into some bushes

{{gwi:277903}}

Harrisons Yellow

{{gwi:277906}}

Rose De Rescht

{{gwi:277908}}

Reine des violettes, the only time i ever get these to be purple is to cut them very early in the morning near bud stage and bring them in..

{{gwi:277912}}

Lilac Pink and subtle striping of Vicks Caprice

{{gwi:277915}}

Surpasse Toute

{{gwi:277917}}

Mary Rose

{{gwi:277918}}

Rosa Centifolia, Peter Beales describes the lack of foilage on this.. hes right on, but what a pretty medium pink , with always that classic scent.

My Unknown Gallica again , last year bloomed for about 6 weeks, this year closer to 4 probably.. it bloomed like all at once.. but was a sight to behold

Quadra on the Trellis

{{gwi:205636}}

Fruhlingsduft is getting there.. hopefully next year will have a splendid picture of the bush

Thats it for now.. some more to come.

Silverkelt

Comments (22)

• ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9
    12 years ago

OH MY GOSH! I practically stopped breathing already at the first picture. What a gorgeous assemblage of roses, many of which can't be grown here and so are all the more interesting. What a beautiful garden you have too, of which I'm afraid we'll have to see more pictures also. Thanks so much for a stunning display.

Ingrid

• organicgardendreams
    12 years ago

Silverkelt, oh my gosh, you have such an amazingly beautiful garden! I love all the roses that you are growing. Quadra on the arch is a sight to behold, your unkown gallica is just stunning, the color of Cardinal Richelieu makes my heart melt, the shot of the Crocus Rose with the rain drops on it is so special and I could go on and on and on.

Thank you so much for taking the time to post here! You really have given me some joy this morning!

Christina

Here is a link that might be useful: Organic Garden Dreams

• floridarosez9 Morgan
    12 years ago

Just beautiful. Our spring flush is long gone and we are in the land of drought. Thank you so much for posting your bounty.

• wren_garden
    12 years ago

Stunning just stunning! Gorgeous blooms, beautiful color.
    Vicks Caprice, wow what a translucent effect of lavenders. Oh and I know I could try and grow it here with my same zone too. Thanks for sharing. I would love to grow a Gallica, but I am afraid of the suckering and spread. I have a small well packed cottage garden.
    Elizabeth

• AnneCecilia z5 MI
    12 years ago

Marvelous, marvelous photos, Silverkelt. Your photo of Duchesse De Montebello has me very, very tempted. She looks like a bowl of swirled strawberry ice cream: luscious! My Fruhlingsduft is just opening its very first blooms and I was astonished to see it. I was thinking how much more beautiful it is in person than I dreamed it could be by just looking at photos, but yours come very close the the real thing. :-)
    You're a bit ahead of me as many of my OGR's are still tight buds. But we're due to come out of this endless rain later this weekend. I'm charging up the batteries in my camera to be ready!
    Anne

• imagardener2
    12 years ago

Very beautiful. Thanks for posting your absolutely gorgeous roses. Where in Maine are you and your roses?
    Next year I want to order a rose and bring it to a friend on Mount Desert Island and know it must be winter hardy but also as beautiful as yours.

Denise

• hosenemesis
    12 years ago

Ahhhhhhh. Beautiful roses. Thank you.
    Renee

• kasiec
    12 years ago

Lovely roses, great photos...just takes my breath away. Thank you for sharing.

Kasie

• kristin_flower
    12 years ago

Your roses look so perfect! I'm jealous because so many of mine are a mess from too much rain.

• silverkelt
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Denise, Im in southern maine, upper york county, 20 miles west of portland give or take.

I order most of my roses from pickering nuseries. With a small smattering from others from time to time. Pickering is by far the best. But you would probably have to order from them to deliver to your friend..

If your going to bring a potted rose.. not alot of options locally, north creek farms has some items available.

Silverkelt

• harborrose_pnw
    12 years ago

Beautiful roses, thank you. I love the coloring of Fruhlingsduft and Duchesse of Montebello is beautiful. They're all lovely!

• aliska12000
    12 years ago

Those are all so gorgeous and healthy looking. I started with 12 roses from Pickering about 2005, the year we had that bad spring freeze. A few of those are my best (and worst), shovel pruned one.

• sherryocala
    12 years ago

So lovely, Silverkelt. You need to post more photos because these roses will never be in my garden or anywhere else where I'll ever see them. Your garden is looking so good. Can't wait to see Quadra all grown up.

Sherry

Here is a link that might be useful: If only sweat were irrigation...

• eden_in_me
    12 years ago

I'm going down to North Creek tomorrow, taking along a friend who loves roses but has too small of a garden to grow them. Might pick up a few rugosas, another Bill MacKenzie clematis, and whatever else tickles my fancy.

Went last Summer & got a Moore's Striped rugosa that survived the Winter in a tub. No buds on it yet, or on Veilchenblau, which died down to the ground. Wasagaming has had a few flowers and smells good to me with a somewhat dead nose.

The Westerland & Ghislaine de Fergondi didn't make it through the Winter.

Said I wasn't going to buy any more roses this year, but I guess I'm addicted.

• zeffyrose
    12 years ago

My goodness----Your roses were well worth the wait---so much beauty----

that picture of CdeR is amazing-----

Thanks for these pictures-----I enjoyed all of them

Great photography

Florence

• fogrose
    12 years ago

wonderful photos. felt like i was in your garden.

appreciate your sharing.

fogrose

• jeannie2009
    12 years ago

Oh my Goodness.
    Thank you for sharing. Each in their own right is gorgeous. I surely swooned over Fruhlingsduft. Have to add that to my wish list.
    Your Quadra is stunning. I planted one this spring and hope she looks like your in a few years.
    Have a great weekend.
    Jeannie

• brother_cadfael
    12 years ago

LOVELY! STUNNING! BEAUTIFUL!

• seil zone 6b MI
    12 years ago

Just drop dead gorgeous! I'm in love with Cardinal De Richelieu. I need to find him!

• gardening_fever
    12 years ago

I need a smellevision. Loving the Cardinel de Richelieu.

Thanks for posting!

• imagardener2
    12 years ago

Grrr GW annoys me. I wrote and posted a Thank You to silverkelt but it has disappeared.
    Thank You silverkelt I've "clipped" your reply so I can find it when needed with the place to buy a northern rose next year.

Denise

• msjam2
    12 years ago

LOVE THEM ALL!! Comte De Chambord is just GLORIOUS!! I wished I included that in my order from RU last week.

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor