Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kippy_the_hippy

Safrano & Francesca

Kippy
9 years ago

On the way home from a camping trip to Yosemite, I took a detour made longer by following the gps, to visit Rosemary's Roses. She had a bunch of roses I would love to have brought home but I only had room for two. And I picked two that are probably not the best picks but I loved the bloom so home they came. Both are big 5g plants that I want to plant in my "Orange Circle" that has citrus trees and a few other yellow-peachy-orangy roses.

Safrano: several members have suggested this one to me but Jeri says she has not had good luck with this one. Jeri and I have rather similar conditions but I think our hillsides face different directions, ours is west facing. I am hoping to place Safrano in the best spot for her to have the best chances. For those who have had good results, any suggestions on heat, sun etc. And for those that had it grow backwards, what do you think was the issue?

Francesca: I am going to put her where she can swallow a good chunk of space. Any tips for her? I hear she likes to be wider than tall, but just how wide of space in a fairly shady area should I plan on her swallowing? I would like to plant a Bishop Darlington beside her with a couple other shade tolerant h musks as a lower wide spaced hedge in the problem zone area. I need to take a good set of photos of the zone but have it rather cluttered with current projects right now.

Thanks!

Comments (3)