Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
roserich

Crown Princess Margareta and Stargazers

CPM has 3 huge candelabras on new basals! I'm talking 75 blooms or so. Overplanted the Stargazer but boy! Does my house smell fantastic. Like a Turkish bazaar.
Still don't know why the phone photos turn out sideways. It was saved properly to my computer. Sorry.
Susan

Comments (10)

• Sow_what? Southern California Inland
    9 years ago

Amazing, Susan! I'd be dancing for joy -- I LOVE Crown Princess Margareta too, but the one here is a throwaway rescue on the mend.

Garden Web's system is a mystery; I know how you feel. My photos are always resized, and I haven't been able to find a way to control this. Typically, the smaller I make a photo, the bigger and blurrier Garden Web blows it up -- frustrating!

Enjoy your blooms, and thanks for sharing this visual feast!

jannike

• roseseek
    9 years ago

I'll bet that knocks your socks off when you walk by it, Susan! Just beautiful! Kim

• subk3
    9 years ago

Love the picture, thanks for sharing.

I have found if I take a phone photo and open it in a basic viewing application ("Preview" on Mac) rotate it 90 degrees save it, then rotate it back to normal and save it, THEN post it it seems to hold the correct rotation. I have no idea why...

• boncrow66
    9 years ago

Your CPM is beautiful and although I don't have one it is in my opion one of the most beautiful Austin's roses. I have it on my wish list for next spring. Is yours growing as a shrub or climber?

• Poorbutroserich Susan Nashville
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks you all.
    CPM is growing in more shade than I'd like but she seems to be doing just fine.She is a very beautiful rose. This second flush is a bit deeper and more apricot than the first flush.
    I have two own root plants near each other and I'm training them on a tripod. Bit leggy but my hope is that once they get taller they will keep reaching for the sun. Very healthy and quick repeat so far.
    Susan

• kittymoonbeam
    9 years ago

That's so beautiful! I love lilies but they are deadly to cats so I don't grow any. I imagine the perfume it has at dusk is incredible. Congratulations!

• lesmc
    9 years ago

wowâ¦.that is so beautiful! I grow CPM and it is such a lovely rose. I would love to re-create this in my garden but the darn voles eat my lily bulbs as fast as I plant them! Thanks for sharing. lesley

• Kippy
    9 years ago

I love the combo

Mom wants to grow Stargazers, not sure how well they do in SoCal. Guessing toxic to cats might be a good reason not to grow them, but not sure how much the neighborhood cats munch in the garden.

Photos here....I have decided that since the format most of the social media understands is Landscape, I will just shoot landscape with my phone/pad.

But for good photos, I would rather post a link from a website that I control. No worrying about how gardenweb resizes. I have to admit, I have trouble viewing photos on flickr, even though I have a paid account with them. Just have not signed in to it in a stupidly long time since I am paying for it.

• roseseek
    9 years ago

Kippy, I have an unpaid Flickr account. I shoot my photos at 300 dpi so they require nothing to upload to any site I frequent (Blogspot, RHA, GW, HMF, etc.). I have no problems posting landscape or portrait formats to any of them. Unfortunately, Flickr has "upgraded", making it much less intuitive. Like most others, they seem to DELIGHT in hiding the things you use most frequently, but I have too much there to change things now... Kim

• fogrose
    9 years ago

Wonderful color combination. I can smell the lilies from here.

Diane

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations