Return to the Antique Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Baronne Prevost Remontancy?

Posted by desertgarden561 9/SZ11 -Las Vegas, N (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 7, 14 at 17:26

Hi,

I have read conflicting information regarding what can be expected in terms of re-bloom for Baronne Prevost.

What has been your experience with Baronne Prevost and it's re-blooming abilities?

Lynn

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Baronne Prevost Remontancy?

• Posted by fogrose zone 10/sunset 17 (My Page) on
    Sat, Jun 7, 14 at 18:04

Reblooms for me, just not as big a flush as the spring bloom. Love this rose.

o

I would say the same, it does rebloom, but not frequently or with the same volume as spring. In my zone it tends to get lanky and put out long canes. So perhaps pegging it would increase the blooms.

o

Same here, probably my best repeating HP. Not like a good floribunda or polyantha, but it definitely blooms, rests & reblooms. Wonderful scent.

o

Thank you all for the information. I acquired a Baronne Prevost about 6 weeks ago. Trying to determining how large this bush will become and what the bloom habits are was still fairly unclear. The information you provided has made my decisions regarding it much easier to make.

Lynn

o

It was a good repeater (as HP's go) for us, too. BUT we are also near the California coast, in relatively cool conditions.

In your heat -- mind, this is a guess -- I wouldn't expect much repeat until the temperatures drop.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Antique Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here