Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cupshaped_roses

My garden Right Now (pics) 1

cupshaped_roses
13 years ago

First thing I see in the morning - from the patio doors to my bedroom:

{{gwi:289076}}

Delphiniums and Foxgloves competing to become tallest.

{{gwi:289077}}

What neighbours and people taking walks see out front - many exclaim - about my R. Arvensis Ayrshire Splendens - "it's a rose - not a tree!)

{{gwi:289078}}

Rose Border in the Front yard:

{{gwi:289079}}

Comments (21)

• hartwood
    13 years ago

Beautiful!!! Thank you very much for sharing your garden with us. I see why it takes your breath away.
    Connie

• cupshaped_roses
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thank you Connie - Now if I only had more space like you ... I do have my cutting garden (rows of roses) and are working on making a new allotment into something? - probably a mixed rose - herbal/vegetable garden - homegrown fresh herbs and vegetables are great! I also need this need plot to plant more rows of mulitflora seedlings to propagatee roses (t-budding) - since some rare rose are in great demand.

• aimeekitty
    13 years ago

what a thing to wake up to! The sun comes over the hill near our master bedroom very early in the morning, so I leave my shades down, and it's an upstairs bedroom, so I envy your lovely view! :)

Your R. Arvensis Ayrshire Splendens is WONDERFUL. and I always love MAC. In general, I just love the colors you picked. I love those strong pinks with the blues of delphs and pale off-whites.

• judith5bmontreal
    13 years ago

Wow Niels, your garden is absolutely stunning! It's actually quite similar to my garden - in my dreams LOL

I also got a community allotment garden this year, and so far it's only full of vegetables, herbs and some annuals. But you KNOW by next year there will also be plenty of roses:)

Judith

• mashamcl
    13 years ago

Wow from me too! Thank you for posting - now I know what you meant by your previous post. What gorgeous pinks and purples! Your roses look simply amazing.

Masha

• harryshoe zone6 eastern Pennsylvania
    13 years ago

Unbelievable! I would never leave the house if I had that view. What a great combination of colors and form.

• veilchen
    13 years ago

Speechless!

• hoovb zone 9 sunset 23
    13 years ago

You sir deserve more space--because you know what to do with it. Brilliant garden!

• sherryocala
    13 years ago

Beautiful! Beautiful! Colors, plant selection, greenery - everything is wonderful. Thank you hugely for posting your photos.

Sherry

• organic_tosca
    13 years ago

I will now join all those women in your garden (mentioned in a previous post) and say: "OH MY GOD!!!"

• cupshaped_roses
    Original Author
    13 years ago

LOL Laura - You are not only woman I have that from today! - somwhow people almost don't believe that roses can be this fragrant - and they their scent wafts and carry on air over the neighborhood. Up close I get almost high from it.

I do have some petunias in pots - (some gardeners hate them) the strong magenta colored you can see in one picure and some beautiful bluish purple and some burgundy too. They are easy to care for an bllom all summer if deadheaded - in the fall I plant spring blooming bulbs in these pots.

TY for your kind words - I just had to post these pictures - it is nice to see what forum members gardens look like - what ever stage they are in - we have all started somewhere - and we constantly try to improve our gardens - Don't we? I just feel that I only need to change minor details and this is why I look forward working on my new plot - since it is like a blank canvas (overgrown with weeds ...) I do sometimes dream to have a bigger house and garden. But it is better to want what I have and make the best of it, than focus on all the things I wish I have. I am so going to enjoy smelling the roses the next 2 weeks ...

• harborrose_pnw
    13 years ago

Niels, I really liked what you said, here: But it is better to want what I have and make the best of it, than focus on all the things I wish I have. I am so going to enjoy smelling the roses the next 2 weeks ...

Seeing so many beautiful gardens on the forums, it is really easy (for me) to become discouraged and want something different than what I have. (more sun, more room, more, more more) I am determined to be content with what I have, which lets me be happy with what others have and can do and helps me to just be determined to do the best with what I have, and keep learning and trying more things. Thanks so much for your pics, I really enjoyed seeing what you've done. Gean

• sherryocala
    13 years ago

Bravo, Gean. Ahhh, contentment.

Sherry

• le_jardin_of_roses
    13 years ago

ENCHANTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Juliet

• greenhaven
    13 years ago

What hoovb said. Seriously.

• zeffyrose
    13 years ago

Thanks so much for these beautiful pictures----Your gardens are amazing--

Color combinations are beautiful.

Florence

• rosefolly
    13 years ago

I have so enjoyed this tour of your garden. And I'm pleased to see the bench so we can sit and gaze and smell the scents on the air. What a wonderful place this is!

Rosefolly

• kristin_flower
    13 years ago

Your garden is perfection! I love the gate in the hedge and your bench too!

• bonny46
    13 years ago

Lush and breathtaking! And the colors, the colors, the colors . . . an artist's palette. So vivid and beautiful! Thanks for sharing.

• vettin
    13 years ago

So very pretty!!

If you have the time and patience - would you mention which roses are in which photos. And also - what you have learned in the process - e.g. what colors don't work together, or do some delphiniums work better than others (I realize that it is location specific).

Thank you for sharing your garden!

• rosemeadow_gardener
    13 years ago

Thanks Cupshaped Roses for showing us garden perfection !
    I want one of your R. Avensis Ayrshire Splenens.
    What a great hedge to have as a backdrop behind your roses and flowers.
    In the 4th photo what is the white rose with the yellow centres ?

Sponsored
Grow Landscapes
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Planning Your Outdoor Space in Loundon County?