Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jessicabe_gw

Info on Aimee Vibert

JessicaBe
11 years ago

I was wondering if anyone can tell me about Aimee Vibert and how she does in your garden or someone elses..

Comments (8)

• nastarana
    11 years ago

There are two Aimee Vibert, the shorter, bush AV and the climbing AV Scandens. I had the scandens in CA. I liked it. Foliage was green and healthy, with never a trace of mildew. It grew into a large shrub with no irrigation, seeming to subsist on winter rain only. Flowers came in clusters, about 4-5 times throughout the summer and fall. The first flush came after other roses had stopped blooming, and after the chafer beetles were gone. The individual flowers are small and insignificant, but make huge clusters. The bush version flowers more often, according to Vintage Gardens.

• User
    11 years ago

mmm, a very healthy rose for me although only 2 years old and this summer has been anomalous. Tough little waxy leaves but somewhat fragile - the stems are thick but lush and snap very easily (as I have found to my cost). This is a rose, I think, which takes a few years to really get going.

• hoovb zone 9 sunset 23
    11 years ago

I have the petite version, and it has taken years and years to become established in mild zone 9, which is a bit of a puzzle, because disease resistance is superb...so what is it waiting for? Good rebloom, sweet fragrance...just slow as molasses in January, for reasons that remain mysterious.

• JessicaBe
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Great thanks Nastarana, Campanula and Hoovb :)

• hoovb zone 9 sunset 23
    11 years ago

If you want a petite version, look at 'Little White Pet' aka 'White Pet', also fragrant with small white flowers in clusters, excellent disease resistance, and tough as nails. Much faster to establish, and hard to kill.

• daisyincrete Z10? 905feet/275 metres
    11 years ago

I am in a different zone to you, but my Aimee Vibert is an easy rose here.
    She was planted 18months ago in deep summer shade at the base of a golden gage tree.
    Last year, she grew up through the tree canopy and flowered from July until December.
    This year, she has increased in bulk a lot. She is arching very prettily out of the tree and has been flowering now since May.
    I don't know how long she will flower this year, but she shows no sign of stopping.
    Her leaves are healthy and green, with no sign of any pests or diseases.
    Daisy

• JessicaBe
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you Daisy! Your Aimee Vibert sounds beautiful!

• User
    11 years ago

is it not going to be quite a lark gathering up the gages, Daisy? I also have a lovely weeping plum, Warwickshire Drooper, and entertained little fantasies of such a pairing. However, my plum is still only a youngster and the fast rate of Aimee V's growth (no flowers for me, but long, long green canes) makes me think that this is a garden idea best left floating in the horticultural ether.