Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ibheri

Help needed with Rose Edouard

ibheri
12 years ago

Hello All, I finally found it and its called 'Rose Edouard'. I always thought it was "Edward". My parents grew this in India and my dad always mentioned about it. They grew this rose for over 40 years, it moved from one home to an another whenever they moved. My parents took it in a pot. Finally it died last year the same year my dad passed away. I still can't get over that thought the we couldn't save the rose he liked so dearly. My mom visited me last year and she is with me now. She mentioned about this rose a couple of times and I could not find an "edward" rose online. Then I read some more and my mom mentioned that a rose jam called Gulkand is made out of it in India. I looked up somemore and guess what HMF had it!! I believe its perhaps the first bourbon.

I need your help on where to buy it. I looked up at Antique Rose Emporium, they did not carry it or maybe carry it under a different name. HMF showed several names.. Please suggest. If you are growing it, I would love it hear about it.

Here is a link that might be useful: Rose Edouard

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths