o
older rose ID #2

Posted by lerosier3 7 (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 13, 14 at 18:24

Here is a closeup of the rose

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: older rose ID #2

That's so pretty, Lerosier! :-) But sorry, no idea what it is.

o

No clue here. Are the stipules fringie?

o

hi, Lerosier,

It reminds me of the floribunda, 'Escapade'. My bush is pretty young, but the blooms and bush shape look like your pictures.

I can take pictures of mine if you'd like to compare "body parts'.

Gean

o

the stipules have smooth edges.

o

Then it's not 'La Marne.' That does have fringed stipules. I'm more inclined to think of a Floribunda of some sort.

o

Look at the size of the stigma in the center of the flower; the fine texture of the stamen and the tiny size of the anthers. Those are strongly multiflora poly. Escapade, while of that background has significantly larger, coarser parts. I've torn up more flowers of both for pollen and to pollinate each one than I can remember. Also, La Marne does not always show the fringed stipules. Here is La Marne foliage, highly water and heat stressed here right now. You can't describe them as "fringed", but under extreme magnification, you can see they are at least "glandular". Kim

DSCN8950
DSCN8946
DSCN8945

o

I thought 'Escapade' also!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Antique Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here