Return to the Antique Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Which Rose is this?

Posted by enchantedrose 6A tri state Mass (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 6, 14 at 19:01

Hi All~ hope you can help. I have 2 rose bushes that I'm pretty sure are fairytale Kordes roses. The first one is about 2-3 ft tall, has medium pink flowers in a spray about 4 inches in diameter when fully open, no noticeable scent and burgundy/green new growth with dark green shiny, healthy leaves.The buds show color as dark salmony pink before opening to a medium pink. I think it is probably Cinderella but I haven't been able to find any info on the color of new growth.
Any help in id-ing this rose is really appreciated.

This post was edited by enchantedrose on Sun, Jul 6, 14 at 19:11

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Which Rose is this?

Cinderella Fairytale?

o

the second rose is about 4 ft tall, same age, own root. I think it might be Elegant Fairytale. It blooms in sprays, is a lighter pink, the flowers are about 4 inch diameter fully opened and the buds are pale pink to almost white before opening. It also has no discernible scent.
Thanks for any help with the id of these two mystery roses.
Sharon

Elegant Fairytale?

This post was edited by enchantedrose on Sun, Jul 6, 14 at 19:15

o

Elegant Fairytale?

o

My Cinderella looks like your second one. I don't grow Elegant, though. And I do remember that Cinderella's blooms looked different when she was young and short (fewer petals, smaller, not nearly as cupped as later blooms).

But that second one is what my Cinderella looks like now, all grown up and kind of a monster :)

o

Hi Meredith~Thanks for your response. I didn't realize there is a rose id section. I'm a newbie here and haven't really learned the ropes yet. Mine hasn't grown into a monster yet :) I'm hoping she stays a bit more refined.
I'll repost this in the rose id section too to see if someone might have a clue to the identity of the firts rose.
Thanks again for your help and taking the time to respond.
Sharon

o

No problem! I peg down the branches that shoot straight up awkwardly (I make a big M with her), and she responds really well to it. She's a monster, but one who looks really great trained, lol. Like REALLY great :) And she repeats very well like that, too! I love her. If she had scent she'd be perfect. I hope that is who you have there :)

o

The second one looks like my Cinderella as well. However, mine does have a slight fragrance and is not entirely lack of scent.

o

Thanks Farmerduck. I know one is Elegant and one Cinderella, I just couldn't remember which. To me neither has a scent but my husband can smell roses that I can't really smell so I guess it's just my nose!!
Sharon

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Antique Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here