Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
zaphod42_gw

The mother of all 'What do I plant?' posts

zaphod42
12 years ago

Hello. I've been wandering around the yard the last couple of days and making a list of what spaces I'll have and what sizes I need to fill them for next spring's planting. All input is greatly appreciated.

OPENINGS:

(1) Picket fence rambler or large-ish back of border shrub. Far back of yard against fence. Needs to make its impact from a distance. Contemplating Quadra, but not 100% sold on that idea yet.

(1) Climber for 36" W arbor. Want good repeat. Want for overall looks for high profile spot. Willing to spray.

(1-3) Dividers or hedge shrubs. Prefer upright vase shapes. 5 -7 feet high. Not too messy or sprawly. Preferable repeat. Take a smidge of shade. Does not need to be dense sight block, just break up line-of-sight a bit along property line. Contemplating HANSA.

(1) Mixed bed focal point. Want this to be an Austin. 3-4' H x 3' W. Good repeat. Needs to hold up with jewel tone colors.

(3-5) Mixed bed and landscape shrubs. Max height about 5'. One area is 7' x 7' wide and I could combo a couple different shrubs in there or put one larger shrub.

Interested in:

HERMOSA

LA VILLE DE BRUXELLES

BELLE DE CRECY

BARONNE PREVOST

SALET

HANSA

HENRI MARTIN

CHARLES DE MILLS... but open to other suggestions.

I already have so as not to duplicate:

FRANCOIS JURANVILLE

HENRY KELSEY

ALEX MACKENZIE

JULIA CHILD

TUSCANY SUPERB

HOT COCOA

CONSTANCE SPRY

MME HARDY

MORDEN FIREGLOW

MILWAUKEE'S CALATRAVA

QUEEN OF SWEDEN