Return to the Antique Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
'Aimee Vibert'

Posted by jerijen Sunset Z24 (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 15, 12 at 15:28

One of the "Legacy" roses, from the Historic Sacramento City Cemetery. Simply delightful.

Jeri
Coastal Ventura Co., SoCal

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 'Aimee Vibert'

it is, isn't it.....and, thankfully, I have it!

o

Oh, fortunate person!
I really love it!

Jeri

o

• Posted by seil z6b MI (My Page) on
    Wed, Aug 15, 12 at 18:55

That's lovely, Jeri, look at all those buds!

o

• Posted by fogrose zone 10/sunset 17 (My Page) on
    Thu, Aug 16, 12 at 0:12

Oh dear, I'm envious Jeri. I got a band from Vintage awhile back but it didn't like me and departed.

Diane

o

What a wonderful photo, Jeri!

I'm wondering if anyone here has ever had the opportunity to compare plants of 'Aimee Vibert', 'Annie Vibert' and 'Mlle Blanche Lafitte'? Photos and descriptions of those 3 at HMF look/sound quite similar to me.

o

The Sacramento City Cemetery has both roses. From seeing both grown there I would say that Mlle Blanche Lafitte (a rose I would like to grow) is a far taller plant.

The foliage of the two cultivars is not the same.
Aimee's blooms are somewhat larger, tho similar in appearance, but Blanche's can be a nice soft pink.
=============

Diane -- Try again.
Maybe, we can get the Cemetery folks to propagate theirs.
Maybe, DH can propagate ours. which is the cemetery clone. We do propagate for distribution in this general area, usually through Ventura Co. Rose Society.

Jeri

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Antique Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here