Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kippy_the_hippy

Fall California Rose Events

Kippy
10 years ago

Is there a list of the upcoming fall rose events for California? Or can we start one?

Comments (11)

• jerijen
    10 years ago

I would start by checking the website for Santa Clarita Valley Rose Society.

Jeri

• Kippy
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Saturday, September 28, 2013

Here is a link that might be useful: San Jose

• roseseek
    10 years ago

November 21, VCRS meeting (linked below, scroll down to meetings for information and location).

November 21, 2013
    Program: ALL about PROPAGATION
    Speakers: Burling Leong on grafting and t-cut budding
    Kim Rupert on ÃÂBurrito' style propagating
    Jim Delahanty on Odd but effective methods of rooting cuttings

Of course, Jim won't be physically attending, though he set up the whole event. Kim

Here is a link that might be useful: VCRS Calendar

• jerijen
    10 years ago

Kim, I think Clay is one of that group of instructors, too. At least, last I heard from JD, he was.

The San Jose event is fun, and a great rose sale.

For those in NoCal, there is the
    NATIONAL HEIRLOOM EXPO
    To Be Held On
    Sept. 10, 11, & 12, 2013
    at the Sonoma County Fairgrounds, Santa Rosa, CA

The National Heirloom Exposition is a not-for-profit event centered around the pure food movement, heirloom vegetables, and anti-GMO activism.

What could be more appropriate for the Heritage Roses Group? HRG took part in the first event, in September, 2011. The event was great, and our booth was a roaring success. WeâÂÂre excited about repeating our participation this year!

The 2012 event, with more than 100 speakers and 300 natural food vendors, was the largest gathering in pure food history �" and 2013 could even eclipse that!
    The Heirloom Expo has gained incredible interest among home growers, farmers, school groups and the general public�"so much so that it is being called the âÂÂWorldâÂÂs Fair of Pure FoodâÂÂ!
    HRG is already listed on the VendorâÂÂs list. Want to come and play?

You can find this information in the Gold Coast Heritage Roses Group and National Heritage Roses Group newsletters for July and August.

Jeri

• Kippy
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Is there anything in NorCal in Sept or October?

I found this as well

I have the November Event on my list but I am sure it will be a sad program for all of Jim's friends knowing that he should have been there too

Here is a link that might be useful: Russian River Roses

• roseseek
    10 years ago

I hope Clay is a participant in the VCRS meeting, Jeri. I know he has many tricks up his sleeves others could benefit from! Kim

• jerijen
    10 years ago

Oh, Kippy's right -- It won't be the same without JD.

Jeri

• roseseek
    10 years ago

Of course it won't. Nothing involving him is, or will be. This was important to him, and to honor his memory we simply have to make it as good as he expected it to be, or better. He did a lot of good. We just have to keep his momentum going. KIm

• Kippy
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Jeri,

I was hoping to attend the Heirloom Fest and was wondering if I could combine with other events in the area.

For some reason, I missed your post...lol

• Lynn-in-TX-Z8b- Austin Area/Hill Country
    10 years ago

Hi all,

I am spreading the word. I have a friend who is an advocate of pure and sustainable gardening. He has worked with a lot of the growers in Ventura County; and may actually already know about the event, but some of those he knows may not and the word should spread. I am lactose intolerant and he was the first to alert me to the GMO's in soybeans.

Lynn

This post was edited by desertgarden561 on Tue, Aug 6, 13 at 23:52

• cemeteryrose
    10 years ago

We are doing a propagation class at the Sacramento Historic Rose Garden on Sept 14 at 10 am. Two of our top propagators will be doing it. We are also doing a fall color tour on Nov 23 and pruning class on Dec 7, both also at 10. I hope to be at the Heirloom expo too, at least for one of the days.
    Anita