Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
aimeekitty

2010F/2011S order

aimeekitty
13 years ago

Supposedly, I'm not going to order more roses after this (for a while. ha...)

(Are you ordering this season?)

Thanks for all the advice you guys, I really really appreciate you indulging all my questions.

final damage..........

FROM ARE :

Archduke Charles (for my big spot in the front)

Souvenir de la Malmaison

gruss an aachen

Bermuda's Kathleen (just to see ;) )

FROM VINTAGE

Elie Beauvilain (just to see ;) )

Larry Daniels (just to see ;) )

Gruss an Coburg

Mrs. Charles J. Bell

Baronne Edmond de Rothschild

RVR

sweet chariot 3 ( as a front bank rose)

Pomponella

FROM REGAN

Yves Piaget

Valencia

Mon Cheri

And when RU gets the chance, I'm going to order these from them:

Tipsy Imperial Concubine

The Doctor

The Faun

Thanks to some suggestions from ya'll, you can see I'm trying a few older HTs, too. :) I'm going to do a HT bed on a narrow strip in the front yard by the driveway.

I'm going to pull out one lone wisteria vine and put Sombreuil there.

Mme Berard and Eden cl. will be on the non-existant arbor. I'm going to move the spot for the arbor out just a bit and put Grandmother's Hat behind the arbor.

I have a few more climber spots that some of the ones that I'm evaluating could potentially go in,... so we'll see.

Anyway, thanks again!

What are you guys ordering this season?

Comments (8)

• User
    13 years ago

your garden will certainly look lovely in a few years when all these roses reach maturity. Now you have the foundation of your collection, you will be able to explore the many combinations which will look good in your garden. Have fun.

• sammy zone 7 Tulsa
    13 years ago

Aimee, I have Archduke Charles, and it is quite small here in Tulsa, OK. I see that you are reserving a large space for it, so I went to HMF (I see that you are a member too) and the variety of this rose is huge.

My rose is the color of Blackcat girl who I think has posted here. Does the rose you are looking for grow much larger in your area? If it does, I want another one. For me small and sweet is a lot of trouble.

I hope to see pictures when you get them.

Sammy

• ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9
    13 years ago

I went totally insane and ordered twelve roses:

Chamblees: Sophy's Rose, Carefree Beauty, Mrs. Dudley Cross, Belinda's Dream

Heirloom: The Ingenious Mr. Fairchild, Belinda's Dream (mistakenly ordered twice but I need good cut roses for the house and roses that love the heat)

Rogue Valle Roses: Mr. Bluebird, White Meidiland, Potter and Moore, Charles XII, Sophie's Perpetual (bonus rose), mystery rose

Ingrid

• aimeekitty
    Original Author
    13 years ago

camp- I hope so!!

Sammy - I guess it can get to around 5-6 feet here, but not really more, so that's about right for the spot I have. I didn't want something that got 8-10 feet tall for that spot. :)

I can't wait to see your new roses in your garden, Ingrid! I can imagine the colors based on what you chose. I especially think Mrs. Dudley Cross is so pretty... so I'll live vicariously through your photos. :D

• elemire
    13 years ago

I think I will end up with around 20 new ones - not that I have a space for them, but then again, I might not like some after all, also there are quite a few that will be moving to some other home.

I am getting:
    Nur Mahal
    Old Blush
    Mutabilis
    Buff Beauty
    Hugonis
    Pink Cloud
    Maid of Kent
    Tolstoi
    Mari Robert
    Queen Mab
    Sophie's Perpetual

And few moderns, some of them still on maybe list:
    Aphrodite
    Summer Song
    Lady of Shalott
    Pomponella
    Thais
    Savoy Hotel
    Line Renaud
    Blauwestad
    Comtesse Vandal
    Whiter Shade of Pale
    Clair Matin (very maybe)
    Wonderland

• judith5bmontreal
    13 years ago

There are five roses (so far) in my Palatine cart:

Jeanne LaJoie
    Heirloom
    Savoy Hotel
    Bride's Dream
    Janet Carnochan

I can't resist...they are so beautiful, and I've read so many positive things about them. Like most everyone here, I have no room left in my garden, but there are always empty pots to be found! Oh well, off to get my credit card...

Judith

• harborrose_pnw
    13 years ago

I don't have a list as I still have roses sitting in my ghetto. I don't have a list as I still have roses sitting in my ghetto. I don't have a list as I still have roses sitting in my ghetto.

But if I cut down a half dead Japanese maple and move about six half dead rhododendrons then maybe there will be enough sun in that spot to plant some roses. Maybe I should order some roses in case all that happens. hmmm.

I think I'd like an area of apricot and cream roses. Will have to think about this.

ps, I planted Pomponella earlier this year. it's really a nice little rose. I hope you all like it. Gean

• nikkigardens
    12 years ago

Thanks for all of your help, suggestions, wisdom and plain old support. I am still anguishing over the 4 roses for my tiny deck space. Buying 10 or 20 would be relatively easier. Still in the running are some newer perpetual bloomers as well as some classics...
    Julia Child, Janet Carnochan, Day Breaker, Koko Loco, Lasting Love, Moondance, Hot Cocoa, Sunset Celebration, and my list could go on and on. I want fragrance, lots of blooms for cut flowers and long vase life growing on a rose happy to live in a container.

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022