Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
arbutusomnedo

A Few Pictures

Here are a few recent photos:

Treasure Trail

It can get a little mildew on the buds I've found, but the foliage is clean. The buds are mostly devoid of mildew though, so you can enjoy the mossing still.

{{gwi:307254}}

{{gwi:307256}}

{{gwi:307258}}

{{gwi:307259}}

{{gwi:307260}}

{{gwi:307261}}

{{gwi:307263}}

Rosa rugosa

Doing well so far at my mom's, but I expect to see rust or some problem evident soon. She got it on sale at OSH I believe. What a terrific fragrance.

{{gwi:307265}}

Madame Lombard

{{gwi:307267}}

{{gwi:307269}}

{{gwi:307270}}

Jeri Jennings

{{gwi:307271}}

Sydonie

{{gwi:307272}}

{{gwi:307273}}

{{gwi:307274}}

Madame Melanie Willermoz

One I had never seen before in person that my mom ordered from RU.

{{gwi:307275}}

Pam's Choice

{{gwi:307276}}

{{gwi:307278}}

{{gwi:307280}}

Excellenz von Schubert

{{gwi:307282}}

Sheila MacQueen

{{gwi:307284}}

{{gwi:307286}}

Pink Pet

{{gwi:307287}}

Boule de Neige

{{gwi:307290}}

{{gwi:307292}}

An Epiphyllum (possibly oxypetalum?) I picked up that was in need of some care.

{{gwi:307294}}

And lastly, my kitty Buttercup. She's coming up on her first birthday, so she's really not a kitty anymore, but it's hard to tell when she's climbing/clawing up my legs and back to perch on my shoulders!

{{gwi:307296}}

Hope you enjoy!

Jay

This post was edited by ArbutusOmnedo on Mon, Sep 22, 14 at 15:19

Comments (18)

• ms. violet grey
    9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Beautiful roses and photography.
    Your kitten is "adorbs"

• ratdogheads z5b NH
    9 years ago

Thank you for the photos. Your roses and little Buttercup put a smile on my face, a good way to start the week.

• boncrow66
    9 years ago

Beautiful roses! I don't think I could pick a favorite but Jeri Jennings sure is pretty, and Buttercup looks so sweet and happy in her box.

• ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9
    9 years ago

Buttercup is a darling, and I love her name. You have some very interesting roses. I was happy to see Madame Lombard since I just added her to my order, and hope she looks like your first picture of her.

Ingrid

• sara_ann-z6bok
    9 years ago

Jay - You have some beautiful roses, very nice pictures. Buttercup is adorable!

• Poorbutroserich Susan Nashville
    9 years ago

Dang! I may have to have Treasure Trail! How's Pam's Choice doing?
    Susan

• farmerduck NJ Z6b
    9 years ago

Buttercup, major cutie! Lovely roses too.

• ArbutusOmnedo 10/24
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks everyone!

Susan- Pam's Choice is doing very well! It's still in a 2 gallon container, but it's going to be happy to go in the ground soon once Fall feels more like Fall. The foliage hasn't had rust or mildew problems (I can't speak to blackspot resistance) and the flowers are really lovely. I really like the blend of colors it takes on through the life of the flower.

And do try Treasure Trail! The flowers last quite a while as the petals seem to have good substance. There's no fragrance I can detect other than the piney-moss scent, but the long life of the blooms is a fair trade off. Here's a shot from today:

{{gwi:288760}}

Here's a bud of the recently arrived Gloire de Dijon waiting to open:

{{gwi:307297}}

And for those who are fans of Buttercup, here's a comparison of her the day before I received her and more recently. I guess that pose is her thing:

{{gwi:307299}}

{{gwi:307301}}

Jay

• jeannie2009
    9 years ago

Buttercup is certainly a cuttie. Your piccs are terrific. Thank you for sharing.

• Prettypetals_GA_7-8
    9 years ago

Beautiful roses! Love Buttercup. She looks soooo playful!! Judy

• seil zone 6b MI
    9 years ago

Thanks for the pretty eye candy today!

• Kes Z 7a E Tn
    9 years ago

I'm so glad you shared your rose and kitty pictures with us! Your roses are inspiring and Buttercup is a cutie. Gloire de Dijon is on my someday list so I hope you'll keep us up-to-date on her progress.

• mustbnuts zone 9 sunset 9
    9 years ago

Beautiful roses! Love them and love your sweet beastie!

• Kippy
    9 years ago

Buttercup is cute. She reminds me of Ellie, my sons kitty, only Ellie has discovered that little boys eat cheese and she loves cheese so she is not so skinny anymore

• ArbutusOmnedo 10/24
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks again everyone!

Haha, I totally get that Kippy! However, while Buttercup -like Ellie- looooves cheese, I really don't! I've always heard from people how weird it is that I just don't enjoy cheese unless it's incorporated into a recipe, but it's probably for the best regarding Buttercup's snacking habits. She has gotten a little bigger since I started giving her little cheese cubes periodically.

And here's the latest shot of Treasure Trail:

Jay

• Dar Sunset Zone 18
    9 years ago

Lovely pics! I can never get enough of seeing Treasure Trail. It's one of my favorites. I even ordered another one that should be arriving next week. :)

• Vicissitudezz
    9 years ago

Oh, nice pix, Jay.

Do I remember someone (maybe you?) saying that 'TT' might be a good possibility for Southeastern gardens, or did I just dream that up? I really do like the flower- especially that last shot. Very nice!

Virginia

• ArbutusOmnedo 10/24
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I don't think that was me, but perhaps Paul Barden or someone else made that comment when I started a thread about Treasure Trail? It's always tough to recommend roses without experience in a climate or knowing what varieties have succeeded there, but I am very happy with Treasure Trail so far and wouldn't expect it to fail for you, Virginia.

Jay