Return to the Antique Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
OGR Cleanslate need help (photo)

Posted by iowa_jade NC (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 23, 11 at 9:50

I have long lusted for that which I cannot grow due to our harsh climate. Now a beloved relative has moved to the Golden Triangle of North Carolina and is looking for suggestions for a no spray, easy care, OGR feast of the senses. The area was formerly a Hybrid Tea garden complete with an irrigation system.
The stick in the garden is a yard stick.
I am known for giving bad advice.
Photobucket
Foghorn Leghorn
International Anti Grass League

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: OGR Cleanslate need help (photo)

Noisettes.

o

Chinas and Teas and Noisettes. Low maintenance, low BS problems. Drought tolerant after establishment. Beautiful! Denise

o

Absolutely! The Noisettes were born in that region. Musks, not hybrid musks as they are primarily multiflora hybrids, but true musks; Chinas, Teas, Noisettes are all wonderful in that kind of climate and are often "found" in abandoned gardens, homesteads, old cemeteries. How can you improve on roses which thrive without you? Kim

o

I agree! And Kim's last comment is the telling one:
How can you improve on roses which thrive without you?

Jeri

o

I am going to have to get out Gregg Lowery's wonderful catalog from Vintage and drool all over it again.
Do you have any Favorites?
Some of the Noisettes look like they get pretty large!
Are there any gardens in driving range where they can view some of these varieties?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Antique Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here