Return to the Antique Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
British Queen HT

Posted by zjw727 8bCoastalOregon (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 27, 12 at 13:07

Has anyone grown the HT from 1912 called British Queen? I had never heard of it until spotting it on Vintage Gardens "available" list. It looks delicate and charming, but I can't find much information. Here is the VG description: "globular blooms of rolled-back petals and silky substance of white blushed with pink; growth compact and flowers often nodding". Who could resist??? I'm sure someone in this forum must have experience with it...?

Zachary.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: British Queen HT

Vintage also says that it's sold in Britain as 'The Bride,' but that they (Vintage) feel it's really British Queen. I'm thinking if you posted about 'The Bride' you might get more responses since it may be known to more people under that name.

Very pretty in the picture.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Antique Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here