Return to the Antique Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hips/Seeds

Posted by roseseek z 10 SoCal (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 16, 11 at 15:04

A little while back, someone asked about buying rose seed and I suggested they contact other rose growers to make sure they got rose seed instead of who knows what. The person asked if I sent seed for postage and now I can't find the thread.

I have some extra open pollinated hips from mostly minis, polyanthas, a shrub or two and two climbing seedlings I am willing to mail for the cost of postage. These are raw hips, not cleaned seed, so you'd need to clean them yourself. I have far too many hips resulting from my crosses the blamed squirrels didn't eat before I harvested them to keep me busy for a while!

Please let me know if you're interested and I'll be happy to email you the list of varieties. You may feel free to either post here or email me through GW as I accept emails through the system. Many are ones and twos (squirrels again!), some are more like a handful. Thanks. Kim

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hips/Seeds

• Posted by seil z6 MI (My Page) on
    Sat, Sep 17, 11 at 11:41

Thanks, Kim, email on it's way!

o
RE: Hips/Seeds

Got it! Thanks, Seil. I'm honestly a bit surprised how many people have responded. Saves me the temptation to plant OP seed from those I'd be interested seeing what they'd make! Thanks. Kim

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Antique Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here