Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bman1920

Good news rogue valley albas in stock. Bad news cant verify id?

bman1920
9 years ago

They got some Albas in stock. The only thing that makes me nervous is under semi plena and celeste it says they can't verify identity. That I find to be very strange not knowing for sure what their stock is.

Comments (3)

• jacqueline9CA
    9 years ago

I wish I could grow albas, but we don't have enough (or practically not any) winter chill here.

If I was you, I would consider this an experiment/adventure, and order the roses, let them grow, and then see if you can figure out who they are for sure. (I do realize that I have more of an adventurous spirit than some folks who like to be certain of things - what I think would be fun some might think would be horribly awful, so do what makes you happy.).

Jackie

• rosefolly
    9 years ago

Probably some stock was mixed at some point. I can easily see how that could happen. At least they are being honest about it. The two roses will look very different when they bloom, so the confusion is temporary. No help to you, though!

• mad_gallica (z5 Eastern NY)
    9 years ago

From looking at their website, it is apparently a rather extreme version of CYA. All it means is that since the plant isn't old enough to bloom yet, they are not absolutely, positively, without a shadow of a doubt willing to state the ID is correct.