Clementina Carbonieri

• ms. violet grey
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Portrait of Clementina Carbonieri
    by Francesco Carbonieri

• summersrhythm_z6a
    9 years ago

The Jude The Obscure looks haunted, there is an open mouth in the center. Can you see that?? :-) Halloween is coming......
    They are very pretty, thanks for sharing.

• ms. violet grey
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Reichsprasident Von Hindenburg

• ms. violet grey
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Pierre de Ronsard (Eden)

• ms. violet grey
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Lavender Pinocchio, how I love thee.

• melissa_thefarm
    9 years ago

The roses are beautiful, of course, but my favorite is the photo of Ms. Carbonieri. She looks like she deserved to have a rose named after her. Thanks for posting it.
    Melissa

• mariannese
    9 years ago

Those who want to fulfill their dreams must be more awake and dream deeper than others.

Karl Foerster, plantsman and garden writer

Photo from Britzer Park in Berlin with a garden dedicated to Karl Foerster and planted in his style. There is a wild rose to the right but I didn't recognize it.

• odinthor
    9 years ago

"Dreams! Dreams! some may say [disparagingly]. If it were not for the dreamers, there would not be much accomplished in this world. Have a vision of the things you want to do, and then have the purpose of mind, the stability to stick at it and work it out and you will get results." --E.G. Hill, in American Rose Annual 1922, p. 129.

• ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9
    9 years ago

Capitaine Dyel de Graville is a dream of a rose, and Clementina the young lady with her sweet dog must have been a lovely reality.

E.G. Hill's quote strikes a chord with me. I cannot and will not give up my dream of a beautiful garden with roses. I'm now down to 52 in number from a high of 93, and that is all to the good. I had envisioned a paradise garden until reality and a changing climate brought that dream crashing down. However, slowly I'm resurrecting the dream, albeit in a somewhat different form, and I will not lose sight of it again.

Ingrid

• ms. violet grey
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Ingrid, my dear, you already have a paradise garden. It is Eden to my eyes.

Marianesse, what a beautiful photograph! Luscious greenery

Melissa, I concur.

Odinthor, my dreams are still there...somewhere

• ms. violet grey
    Original Author
    9 years ago

a hauntingly beautiful
    Souvenir de la Malmaison

• Vicissitudezz
    9 years ago

Wow! Clementina is beautiful! And the roses are awfully nice-looking also.

Thanks,
    Virginia

• ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9
    9 years ago

Indeed haunting! One of the most unusual pictures I've ever seen of SdlM, and one of the most beautiful. Superb photography, mauvegirl.

Ingrid

• rosefolly
    9 years ago

What a beautiful woman Clementina Carbonieri was!

My plant of this rose died this spring -- not sure why. I would like to try again, perhaps in a slightly different spot. Rogue Valley has been sold out for several months. Anyone know where else I could find it? Not sure, but I think my original plant came from Vintage.

Rosefolly

• catspa_NoCA_Z9_Sunset14
    9 years ago

Clementina Carbonieri (the rose) was a fleeting beauty here. Spectacular foliage and a beautiful, fast-growing shrub. The blooms were gorgeous, too --- as long as the temperature didn't go above 80 degrees or so. This even in a prime spot. Blooms looked good for maybe half an hour on a hot day -- I would recommend afternoon shade where it's both dry and hot, though I'm not sure even that would keep them from crisping in dry heat.

• rosefolly
    9 years ago

Hmm, maybe I won't bother then.

I'm reshuffling the roses that grow near 'Rambling Rector'. I could use CC's spot for one of the roses in the reshuffling process, 'General Schablikine'. RR wants to get way, way bigger than the spot I allotted for it, and you know, I think I'd like clear out the nearby space to let it do just that! Underplanted with lots of tazetta tulips, what could be a more glorious spring vignette?

Yes, dreams. Well titled.

Rosefolly

Sponsored
Daniel Russo Home
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars13 Reviews
Premier Interior Design Team Transforming Spaces in Franklin County