Return to the Antique Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Anyone grow CPM near Sacramento?

Posted by thahalibut Z-9 CA, SSZ-9 (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 25, 12 at 20:24

How does Crown Princess Margareta do here? I really want to buy it but have only heard negative comments so far. I want to now how it grows in the sac valley or near here.

ty
tim

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Anyone grow CPM near Sacramento?

Wow! I have never seen a rose with so many pics on HMF, and it is gorgeous! There are pics of it growing happily in San Jose and in San Juan Capistrano, CA - not Sac, but both places get pretty hot. I would think the extra heat would be OK, as it is so very double.

Jackie

o
RE: Anyone grow CPM near Sacramento?

I have CPM - we are in dry weather (70's day time). Harmonyp in CA grows CPM and she mentioned that she'll put it in partial shade for better color.

When we had hot temp. in 90-100 degrees, my CPM's bloom were whitish beige. She's in morning sun only. Now it's cooler, and her bloom is more yellowish - not quite yellow like Golden Cel.

I put tons of horse manure on CPM today, I expect that the potassium in horse manure will deepend CPM. Our temp. will go toward freezing in late November, I'll report if her color changes to orange.

She's a gallon size, own-root planted in May. She's very big now, at least 6' canes. She's best next to a wall. She won't make a good centerpiece, very long awkward canes. She consumes an ENORMOUS amount of water, I'm glad she gets morning sun only. Our sun here is getting weaker as we are heading toward late fall.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Antique Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here