Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
adam_harbeck

Archidic Joseph/Monsieur Tillier

Adam Harbeck
9 years ago

Sorry for the blurry pics, but these are two huge panicles that have sprouted up from my Archiduc Joseph/Monsieur Tillier planted out last summer. It should look pretty speccy when it eventually blooms.

Comments (17)

• Adam Harbeck
    Original Author
    9 years ago

the other one

• jerijen
    9 years ago

It can grow to be quite a tall plant, with a handsomely upright habit.

• ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9
    9 years ago

Adam, is your rose in the ground or growing in a pot? I know it can get quite large. I have one on order and will receive it in October, and can hardly wait. It would be lovely if you could send pictures when yours is in bloom.

Ingrid

• Adam Harbeck
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Hi Ingrid.
    You can't see but yes he is in the ground. I have planted him in the top of the garden so that he hopefully forms a screen from my ugly back fence/neighbours.
    Adam

• muscovyduckling
    9 years ago

Do show us some pics of the blooms Adam! Where did you get this one from?

• Adam Harbeck
    Original Author
    9 years ago

No blooms yet. Got him from Swiss Rose Farm.
    Adam

• suesette
    9 years ago

Give him plenty of space Adam. Mine is about eight feet high and four feet wide. He is locked in combat for space with an even larger Mrs B R Can't. Both are bloom machines. Sue

• Kippy
    9 years ago

Sue, what are the sizes of both of them in your area? I am in SoCal but curious

• Adam Harbeck
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Perfect. Just the proportions I want.
    first bloom of spring.

• Adam Harbeck
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Lots more to go

• Adam Harbeck
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Bonus motorbike frog in one of my water pots.

• muscovyduckling
    9 years ago

Oh I do miss those motorbike frogs! We don't have them over east.

Mons. tillier looks fabulous :)

• melissa_thefarm
    9 years ago

'Archduke Joseph' will get as big as you let him, assuming you weren't looking for a massive climber. I forced mine to scramble through a fair-sized persimmon, since I wanted to keep both plants and not move either. AJ is now about 14' tall and peeping out through the top of the tree. Now I just need to keep the tree pruned back to its current dimensions by cutting out vertical shoots. And propagate AJ for a site where it won't have so much competition.

• suesette
    9 years ago

Kippy,
    Huge. Mrs Can't is enormous, probably eight feet high and six feet wide. She candelabras in all directions and has flush after flush all year long. I have a younger plant in my front yard, it took about two years to establish but this spring it is expanding in all directions. Sorry about the superfluous apostrophe, the computer thinks it knows best. Sue

• muscovyduckling
    9 years ago

Sue, where abouts are you in Vic? I'm in the Dandenongs, and I've just planted a Mrs Cant and some other teas and Noisettes- I'm hoping it's warm enough here for their liking...

Sorry, slightly OT.

• suesette
    9 years ago

Hi muscovyduckling, I am on the Mornington Peninsula, so a bit warmer than you. But a couple of degrees should not make a huge difference. Sue

• muscovyduckling
    9 years ago

Awesome, thanks Sue! Looking forward to some buxom beauties then :)