Return to the Antique Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
GW Photo from Sacramento

Posted by cemeteryrose USDA 9/Sunset 14 (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 23, 12 at 2:24

Hi - it's blurry, darn it, and I don't recall everybody's name and GW handle, but it's the best I can do to capture a moment when so many of us from across the country got together. Sixteen of us in this photo - wow!

GW at Symposium

Top row, left - Mendocino Rose (Pamela), Cramoisie, Lois Ann from Minnesota, Jackie from San Rafael, Dr. Malcolm Manners, Cydney, Connie, Jannorcal (Janelle)
Bottom row, from left - Karen from Livermore, Rosefolly (Paula), Terry, Carol from Massachusetts, Cemeteryrose (that's me - Anita), Rosefog (Diane), Linda Buzzell, Jeri

What a joyful time we had!
Anita

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: GW Photo from Sacramento

What a great photo ... blurry is of no consequence. It's a moment in time to remember a wonderful event where we met so many folks that we already were acquainted with here. Pinch me, because I still think it may have all been a dream.

o

Thanks Anita for posting that pic ... lovely faces.. and I treasure all of you & and the info. that helped me.

o

Thank you Anita! How wonderful to have us all togther.
I wish we had this conference every year.

o

Thank you so much for posting this picture; it's really nice for those of us who haven't met anyone in person to connect a face to the forum persona. It just struck me that most of us a women!

Ingrid

o

• Posted by fogrose zone 10/sunset 17 (My Page) on
    Tue, Oct 23, 12 at 11:39

Great photo. Great weekend. Great people.

I'll second what Pamela said and if not EVERY year at least not wait til the cemetery's 40th anniversary.

For the record, it's "fogrose" not "rosefog." : >

Diane

o

I'm not quite sure how you get blurry, in a flash shot like that. HMPH!

It's a great photo of a moment, tho.
And YES! We need to do this again!

Anita, maybe not all of the same folks will be in the Cemetery next April, for Open Garden -- but many of us will be, and it would be very good to do this again.

HRG hopes to do a Seminar next June -- and we should do a photo like this there, too.

Jeri

o

Thanks for posting Anita! I think everyone had a lovely time.

Rosefolly

o

Yes, it was lovely to see everyone "up close and personal"! Thanks, Anita.

o

• Posted by TNY78 7a-East TN (My Page) on
    Tue, Oct 23, 12 at 18:17

That's a nice turnout! I love to put faces with names...so much fun! :)

o

Jeri, it looks like the flash failed to go off (note the strong side lighting)What a bummer!

But you know what that means...you all have to go to a Rose event again!

o

• Posted by seil z6b MI (My Page) on
    Tue, Oct 23, 12 at 19:24

What a great photo of what I'm sure was a memorable day! Thanks for sharing it!

o

Flash DID go off, however. Left me with lots of those nice spots before my eyes. That's why I was so surprised.

Listen, he may have had a problem with the camera. Digicams are all well and good, but when they get sick, you can remember the old workhorse SLRs with real longing.

Jeri

BUT we will all most certainly go to more rose events. Next time, maybe we can persuade you to join us. :-)

o

Yes, he said that his camera malfunctioned. A shame. But I do think that group shots are well worth doing. Thanks to this photographer, we've been taking shots of our pruning parties for the past several years, and they are real treasures. We should do them at future events, that's for sure.
Anita

o

Thank you for sharing, wonderful pic! It would be great to go to a rose event like this someday, and meet other Garden Webbers in person.

o

What a neat photo regardless of the focus! . . . In time, just consider it one of those misty water-colored mem'ries of the way you were. (Apologies to Barbra, et al.) Anyway -- everyone in the photo looks quite happy, and very pleased to be in the company of kindred spirits.

I enjoyed the snippets of the lectures that Jeri posted a link to earlier. So glad all of you had such a wonderful time!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Antique Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here