Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
roses_more_roses

Grants to Preserve Cultural Heritage.....Old Garden Roses?

roses_more_roses
15 years ago

I may be off base here, the other night while I was watching television I saw an ad from American Express regarding their effort to save cultural heritage that would be lost without their help. My first thought was all of the small old garden rose vendors that are having difficulty. I realize that many grants are given to non-profits, but this sounded like a possibility, and I wanted to put it out there for those that it may help. There is more information on the American Express website. Below is a small portion that I cut & pasted.

Diana

CULTURAL HERITAGE

Preserving and Enriching Our Diverse Cultural Heritage

"Every view of the world that becomes extinct, every culture that disappears, diminishes a possibility of life." - Octavio Paz

Cultural heritage forms our individual, local and national identities. It shapes relationships with our neighbors and with other communities around the world. At American Express we believe that respect for, and celebration of, our diverse cultural heritage promotes human understanding and economic development in an increasingly interdependent world.

We support organizations and projects that preserve or rediscover important cultural works and major historic sites in order to provide ongoing access and enjoyment for current and future audiences. The programs we support include a broad range of arts and culture: from historic landmarks and public spaces to dance, theater, music, film and the visual arts. We emphasize preserving works that represent a range of diverse cultures.

Criteria:

Supported programs must embrace preservation and enable ongoing public access and exposure through one or more of the following:

* Ensuring public engagement with a restored work of art or historic site

* Producing or presenting a new interpretation of a work that is in danger of being lost

* Preserving significant cultural traditions

Applications for archival projects are discouraged.

Comments (5)