Return to the Antique Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Still a few roses, blooming in late October...

Posted by lavender_lass WA zone 4 (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 24, 11 at 12:32

We usually have a very hard frost by now, but surprisingly, this fall has been a bit milder...so we still have a few smaller roses blooming :)

Here's Gartendirektor Otto Linne.

From Lavender's Garden

Here's Clothilde Soupert, in front of a very late blooming cosmos.

From Lavender's Garden

And John Cabot, which is a trooper...I have four in my garden :)

From Lavender's Garden

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Still a few roses, blooming in late October...

lavender_lass, for your zone 4 that's really amazing. It's somehow touching to see these stalwart guys holding on and giving you that last bit of pleasure of the rose season.

Ingrid

o

How lovely to still have a few blooms before winter sets in----I too had a couple of blooms on CS.----so enjoyable at this time of year.

Florence

o

• Posted by seil z6 MI (My Page) on
    Mon, Oct 24, 11 at 19:54

So nice that you are still able to enjoy some roses! And lovely ones they are!

o

I like the tumble of plants in your fall garden.

o

Thanks Lavender_Lass for those lovely pictures. I like red roses, since they really brighten up the garden in late fall.

I'm considering Lavender_lassie rose for a partial shade location for next year. But I don't know if it smells good like Austins, or how big it will get.

o

Thank you for the kind comments. I'm so glad I took those pictures, because it got down to 18 degrees last night! The cosmos are done and the roses are starting to fade. It was wonderful having them bloom so long...and now it's time to put the garden 'to bed' until the bulbs start blooming...probably the end of March. At least it gives us a nice break, for the holidays :)

o

Late blooms are so wonderful!

kay

o

Polareis blooms with snow on them this am! I really will learn how to use a digital camera.....

o

I wonder whether CS stands for Clotilde Soupert, the polyantha or Clothilde Soupert, the tea, according to HMF? Hopefully the former because a poly will be hardy in my Swedish garden but hardly a tea.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Antique Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here