Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_21921585

Rosy dreams

User
9 years ago

Do you ever have dreams about roses? If someone had asked me yesterday I would have said that I couldn't remember any. But last night I had a strange one.

In the dream, I was walking around a flea market/trade show kind of event when I saw a booth where a woman was selling bouquets/vases of David Austin roses. I admired and sniffed a few, but I was really drawn to one vase that had two different flower types in it. One flower was really large and very double, one per stem. The other was a cluster-flowering type. The cluster as a whole was the same size as the single flower, only made up of dozens of little blooms that were exact replicas of the larger flower. Both types were the same shade of pink and had the same fragrance.

I told the woman it was amazing that she was able to find such a perfect match between two different roses. She said she couldn't take any credit for it because they came from the same plant. She said it made both kinds at the same time.

The dream ended before I could ask her the name of that rose.

I think the dream means that I've been spending too much time clicking through the online catalogs of rose nurseries.

But what about you guys? Does anyone else dream about roses?

Comments (4)