Return to the Antique Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
New Roses from Vintage

Posted by melva 7b/8aTX (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 2, 12 at 16:35

Can anyone tell me about any of these? Sure would appreciate it.

Alexandre Laquement
Cramoisi Picote
Duchess de Rohan
Lemon Spice
Lady Penzance
Comtesse de Murinais
Creekside Manor Tea
Bouquet Tout Fait
Madam Louis Leveque
Madam Dore
Mercedes

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: New Roses from Vintage

Lemon Spice is a tall rose in my garden and has been good as an own root plant. The flowers are pale yellow and very sweet smelling. It has repeat bloomed well for me.

o

Duchesse de Rohan is a beautiful rose, very strong sweet fragrance. It has a little bit of repeat bloom, it's taken it some years to repeat for me.

It's about 4 1/2 feet tall here, with an upright habit. The canes can flop in windy or rainy weather so I use stakes to prop it up on occasion.

o

• Posted by melva 7b/8aTX (My Page) on
    Wed, Oct 3, 12 at 21:16

Thanks for the nfo on the roses...keep them coming!

o

Madame Dore is a lovely small Bourbon, very healthy and free-blooming in my warm and dry climate. My two plants are still fairly young but they have continued to improve in blooming ability, and the blooms are lovely and fragrant.

Ingrid

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Antique Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here