Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sunnishine

France info, Nahema, Chartreuse de parme

sunnishine
15 years ago

Anyone know anything about these ir grow them? I ordered them from Ashdown. Any info would be helpful.

Comments (7)

• sunnishine
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Great news! Yellows are my favorite!

• pfzimmerman
    15 years ago

Hi Sunnishine.

IÂll give some "technical" answers with the disclaimer we represent Delbard in this country and my comments should take that into account

France Info. Good sized blooms, cut well for the house and fragrant. The bush will build itself into a 4-5Â upright grower on its own roots which is how we offer it. Give it some time to settle in.

Chartreuse De Parme. Blooms about 5" across and very fragrant. On its own roots slow to build itself up and establish so have a little patience with it. Once you have seen the first bloom to satisfy your curiosity you might think about disbudding to allow the bush to grow. It can be a bit slow to establish but just give it time.

Nahema. Blooms about 4" across and very fragrant. On its own roots very quick to establish itself. While listed as a climber I would suggest a climber on a 4Â fence but nothing I have seen so far suggests a climber for an arbor or the like. As a free standing bush very upright in growth habit to about 5Â. Rarely without flower.

• sunnishine
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks Paul! I got these from you of course. My way of support the great ones. :) Thanks especially for the info about Nahema. It will definitely help me make room for these roses I don't have room for. LOL! :)

Are you doing rose day again? I may do the 6 hr drive again this year. That is when you recommended the Delbard roses to me for their fragrance. I am excited to get some finally.

Sunni

• cincy_city_garden
    15 years ago

My Nahema planted this spring is only a couple of feet tall, but the couple of blooms I've had smell incredible...imagine a stronger, more intense version of Gertrude Jeckyll.

Eric

• caroleintegacay
    15 years ago

:::Are you doing rose day again? I may do the 6 hr drive again this year. That is when you recommended the Delbard roses to me for their fragrance. I am excited to get some finally.::::

Sunni,

Ashdown is having a "Fall in Love Again with Roses" day on October 18. I know I am going. Maybe Paul can reply here with more details.

Carole

• pfzimmerman
    15 years ago

Yep, October 18 from 9-4. Fall rose care tips, winter tips, advice on rose selection etc. Informal talks at 10 and 1. We advertising locally so if some of you can make it we'll put you to work in the sales area answering questions and selling roses!! Admission is free. And of course we will have our Spring Festival the 2nd Saturday in May. We will also have other workshops off and on during the winter but I don't have dates yet and probably won't firm those up until we set the date to move the garden.