Return to the Antique Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Looking for cuttings for the New York Heritage Rose District

Posted by malcolm_manners 9b C. Fla. (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 27, 11 at 22:18

Hi folks,
As you may know, the New York Heritage Rose District, mostly in Harlem, of many plantings of heritage roses, with lots of volunteer work from the Heritage Rose Foundation, among other groups. We at Florida Southern College have propagated around 400 roses for the project so far, and we're about to start another large batch of cuttings. But four varieties they'd like to have in the project, that I have no source of, are:
Gallica officinalis
Kazanlik
Felicite perpute (I'm not sure if they mean Felicite Parmentier or Felicite et Perpetue, by this typo -- am looking into that)
Mme. Hardy

Wondering if any of you may be able to provide some leafy stem cuttings of any of these? You could ship to us at FSC, and we would propagate them and provide them to NYC. Please let me know if you'd like to contribute. Thanks!

Malcolm M. Manners, Ph.D.
Professor, Horticultural Science
Florida Southern College
Lakeland

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Looking for cuttings for the New York Heritage Rose District1

Oops, that first sentence should have read "...mostly in Harlem, consists of many plantings...." I should proof-read better before submitting.

o
RE: Looking for cuttings for the New York Heritage Rose District

Hi Malcolm, I have Madame Hardy, Felicite et Perpetue, and Felicite Parmentier. I'd be happy to contribute.

o

I was going to say that I have Mme Hardy, but she beat me to it! Let me know if you need it from more than one source.

Rosefolly

o

MendocinoRose -- I don't see any way here to private message or email you. But yes, thanks! It's all a volunteer effort, so I can't offer postage, etc., but if you'd like to contribute, please email me (mmanners@flsouthern.edu) and we'll make arrangements. Thanks!

Rosefolly -- I did email you.

Malcolm

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Antique Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here