Return to the Antique Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pictures: Antique Rose Emporium in San Antonio ...

Posted by roselee z8 SW Texas (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 27, 11 at 23:39

While it is not as large as the Antique Rose Emporium's display gardens in Independance, Texas ARE's San Antonio site is equally beautiful.

I was out there a little over a month ago with camera in hand, but there was not much to photograph. Because of the extreme heat and drought in Texas they had waited to prune the roses in mid September rather than the usual mid August

But what a difference a month makes! While not yet fully clothed in blooms I'm amazed at how well the old garden roses recovered from last summer's extremes.

I thought you all might enjoy the photos posted on my friend Shirley's blog, Oak-Rock-Deer, as much as I did.

Here is a link that might be useful: ARE on Oak-Rock-Deer Blog of Oct. 26, 2011

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pictures: Antique Rose Emporium in San Antonio ...

Wow, I MUST go there! Thanks for the pics!!

o

What a beautiful display of a marvelous nursery! Thanks for sharing. We visited them only once and it was a dreary time of year when the gardens were not truly prepared for visitors. I appreciate you sharing the nursery now.

Sammy

o

• Posted by TNY78 6b-E TN (My Page) on
    Sat, Oct 29, 11 at 11:51

This makes me jealous that we don't have any large rose nurseries near where I live :) ...maybe one day down the road...

o

Thank you all for your comments. When Roselee asked if she could link my post here I expected some increased traffic. I have been amazed at the number of pageviews for the ARE post and the visitors from around the world that have linked from this forum.

The original link is to my current page and I have published another post so provided below is a direct link to The Antique Rose Emporium post for future reference.

Here is a link that might be useful: ARE

o

Wonderful pictures----Thank you so much---

Florence

o

You're welcome Florence, thank you for your nice comment too. I will try to go back soon to catch more of the roses blooming in the gardens. If not, I'll post again in spring.

o

That was wonderful to see. Thanks so much for the tour.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Antique Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here