Return to the Antique Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Fall Color in the Sacramento Cemetery

Posted by cemeteryrose USDA 9/Sunset 14 (My Page) on
Thu, Nov 17, 11 at 0:49

Hi -
I'll be leading the final garden tour of the season in the Sacramento Historic Rose Garden this Saturday, Nov 19, at 10 am. I know that most of you are nowhere near Sacramento, but if anybody happens to be nearby, come join me! The tea roses have been gorgeous this fall, and there are plenty of hips and autumn leaves to add to the colorful mix. There's to be some rain on Friday, perhaps, but the forecast looks pretty good for Saturday.

The cemetery's address is 1000 Broadway, Sacramento.

Some of the roses have very nice fall foliage, such as this rose that we believe is R. cinnamomea (although I must confess that I took this photo in early December a couple of years ago).

R. cinnamomea
Anita

Here is a link that might be useful: Sacramento Historic Rose Garden

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Fall Color in the Sacramento Cemetery

Truly lovely! If I didn't have this Saturday already booked, I'd be tempted to make the drive.

Rosefolly

o

• Posted by TNY78 6b-E TN (My Page) on
    Thu, Nov 17, 11 at 6:08

I just looked at the pictures on the website, and it looks absolutely beautiful! I just wish I lived closer!

o

• Posted by seil z6 MI (My Page) on
    Thu, Nov 17, 11 at 13:19

Good luck with the tour! Wish I could be there to see that lovely fall color.

o

Wish we could be with you!
I LOVE that garden in Fall/Winter.

Oh, well -- I love it in all seasons, when you come right down to it -- but it's even lovely in December, in a drizzling rain. Really!

Jeri

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Antique Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here