Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
teach_gw

Anyone familiar with 'Preserve'?

teach
12 years ago

I Just saw this and bought it. It is not like the spray-ons I am used to, to keep Christmas trees from drying out. Those sprays I have used in the past as part of my winterization program for my roses, along with mulching.

This, however, says to add a T per cup of water. For plants in the ground it says to add a T to a C of water and add to plant's soil with each watering.

If I used it, I'd only use it once, then my potted roses go in the garage and the others get mulched if tender or new. But I am afraid to try a new and unknown, especially on roses I will never be able to buy again such as my Red Devil From Cliff of the Desert. I have been looking for that rose for years and years.

(I have no cuttings available yet. It rained so much the pop bottle method didn't work. I do have some rolled up in newspaper in the refrigerator doing nothing and am hopeful.)

Comment (1)

• Krista_5NY
    12 years ago

I'm not familiar with Preserve, but I wouldn't recommmend using a product that is untested in your garden, on irreplaceable roses.