Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
alameda_gw

Learning to copy photos.....

I am trying to learn to post photos. When I right clicked to copy the HTML code, all it would not let me highlight so I left clicked and it copied it - supposedly. Now I pasted in this message but couldnt see it in the Preview stage. If the photo doesnt show, can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong? I thought when you right clicked, it would say "copy", you clicked on that, then pasted in the message.....thanks!

Judith

Comments (15)

• alameda/zone 8/East Texas
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Well, obviously that didnt work right.....not sure what to do next - can anyone help? Thanks!

• seil zone 6b MI
    12 years ago

Hi, Alameda! What picture service are you using? Every one uses a different line of code to post the pictures here.

PhotoBucket has 4 different lines of code under each picture and each one does something different. The one that posts the actual picture is line 3:

Line 3 does this;
    {{gwi:321552}}
    Chelsea Brittlyn

I don't think the other lines will work.

In Picture Trail it's different. There are 5 different code lines.
    Line 1 will give you this size picture.
    {{gwi:321553}}

And line 5 will give you this clickable thumbnail picture that takes you to your Picture Trail site.
    {{gwi:321554}}
    Mrs. Robinson

The other middle 3 lines don't seem to work here at all.

Those are the two that I have. I don't know about how any others work but maybe someone else can help out.

Original Author
    12 years ago

I am using Photobucket. When I right click on the 3rd line, it says Settings and About Adobe Flash Player 10 - when I left click it, the line itself reads "copied". I cant highlight it. I got this far and now I am stumped....can anyone tell me what to do next? Thanks! Have wanted to learn how to do this for years...
    Judith

• roselee z8b S.W. Texas
    12 years ago

Judith, when you LEFT click the html code (third line) the code disappears for a moment and says "copied" Then paste that into the message box. Try it.

• seil zone 6b MI
    12 years ago

Like roselee said, you don't have to highlite and copy it. Just clicking on it will copy it. Then come over here to your post and paste it where you want it and it should show up.

• mad_gallica (z5 Eastern NY)
    12 years ago

If you hover over the photo, a popup window should show up. It's the third line of that window that says 'HTML'. That's what you can click on to automatically copy.

If that window isn't showing up, you can double click on the photo, to go to the page for that particular picture. Then either click on the double arrow next to the Facebook, Twitter, etc. icons for a larger copy of that window, or look on the right hand side for a list of links.

The link you posted at first works in a way. It brings people to your main album page.

Original Author
    12 years ago

OK lets see if this works....I clicked on "copied" then I pasted it here.....

{{gwi:321555}}

Original Author
    12 years ago

Oh hooray!! Success at last! Have been wanting to learn this forever. This isnt the greatest photo, but Royal Wedding is a beautiful rose, I want to get another. Will look forward to sharing photos now that I know how! Thanks so much for the assistance and Happy Thanksgiving weekend to everyone.
    Judith

• gardennatlanta
    12 years ago

Congratulations, Judith. Now you can share all kinds pictures with us :)

• roseseek
    12 years ago

{{gwi:321556}} Hot dang! FINALLY it makes sense and works. Thank you! Kim

• harborrose_pnw
    12 years ago

hooray!

• roseseek
    12 years ago

Thank you!

• rosefolly
    12 years ago

Glad it finally worked out for you. Now we can see your pictures.

Rosefolly

• seil zone 6b MI
    12 years ago

Congratulations Alameda and Kim! Now we'll be expecting to see lots more pictures from both of you!

• roseseek
    12 years ago

Thank you, but you have always been able to see my photos. The ones I wish to share go on HMF, my blog, Facebook and Photobucket anyway, and I've frequently posted links here. This just makes seeing it require one less "click". Kim

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES