Return to the Antique Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Festival of Roses this weekend in Ocala, FL!!

Posted by sherryocala 9A Florida (My Page) on
Thu, Nov 1, 12 at 13:32

Just want everyone in Florida and beyond to know that the Marion County Rose Society's Festival of Roses is this weekend, November 3rd and 4th. Go to the link below to see the 28-page program and Carolyn Parker's website. She will be speaking both days and signing her books.

I hope to get the chance to meet lots of you. It will definitely be a hug-fest!!

Sherry

Here is a link that might be useful: If only sweat were irrigation...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Festival of Roses this weekend in Ocala, FL!!

Today was the big day, a fun one, too. We so enjoyed Carolyn Parker! Tomorrow we have lunch with her, and I think her program is on arranging, Carolyn style. Photos on my blog.

Sherry

o

I just checked out your blog, everyone should. Great pictures. Some of those arrangements were fabulous!!!

Please let us know how Carolyn's presentation was.

o

Sherry,
Thank you for sharing these beautiful lush roses. In this part of the country roses as sumptuous as these in November are only a dream.
I was surprised to see your BR Cant. I also grow this OGR. Mine has a more delicate less vivid color. I wonder if the difference is your warmth.
Glad you shared the pics with us.
Jeannie

o

Buford, here is the link for Carolyn's Sunday program. It was wonderful.

Jeannie, Mrs B R is always that color in my garden, but there was another spray at the festival that was lighter colored. Don't know why.

Sherry

o

Thanks, Sherry, for the beautiful pictures on your blog of the Rose Festival. That was almost as good as being there. My Mrs. B R Cant North Carolina is also a deep pink especially in the fall when the outer petals are red.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Antique Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here