Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sunnysideuphill

how to post pics

sunnysideuphill
12 years ago

Ok, I am taking the leap and buying a digital camera. Where do I go on this site to learn how to post my pictures?

Comments (12)

• jerijen
    12 years ago

You actually don't do it HERE.

The site you want is PHOTOBUCKET.

There, you post your photos. The links appear right below the photos, and you post the LINK here.

Take a look at it. Then, you may have further questions.

Jeri

Here is a link that might be useful: PHOTOBUCKET HOME

• dublinbay z6 (KS)
    12 years ago

The directions at photobucket.com are easy to follow for uploading your pictures there.

After they are uploaded, just run your mouse down below the picture--several "codes" will appear. Copy the HTML CODE.

Next, come over here to this forum and paste the HTML CODE in the message box. You won't be able to see the picture until you click on "preview message."

You can type before and after the HTML CODE or leave extra spacing before or after. You can add more pictures (HTML CODES) after the first one.

You may need to reduce the size of your photo before uploading it to photobucket. Hopefully you have Photoshop (or equivalent) on your computer. If so, reduce the photo to a height around 680 or so.

Hope that helps.

Kate

• seil zone 6b MI
    12 years ago

You can use any on line photo storage place. I have Photobucket, Picture Trail and Picassa and I can link from all of them. Depending on which of the links you use from the menu that comes up under the pictures you will either get a full size picture, a clickable thumbnail or just a link that takes you to your storage site. I usually try and post the full picture myself. And no two sites are the same so you have to figure out which one to use on each site.

• harborrose_pnw
    12 years ago

I use I-Photo software to download pics from my camera onto my MacBook. The I-Photo has a direct link to Flickr, so that's what I use instead of Photobucket. I like them both but Flickr is easier for me, but only because of the I-Photo software that I use.

• jerijen
    12 years ago

Gean, does your I-Photo software allow you to re-size your photos?

Jeri

• Glenburn
    12 years ago

Kate and others, I have a Photobucket account(only new at this sort of thing). I asked them(photobucket) how to add names/tags to roses, I am still waiting on a response. Can names be added after placing them on there or do I delete them and start again, Help Please, Regards David.

• landperson
    12 years ago

I highly recommend Fastone software for resizing and anything else you need to do with your photos. It's free and works like a charm

Here is a link that might be useful: Fastone

• dublinbay z6 (KS)
    12 years ago

Glen, I've never added tags, but I think it is fairly simple. As far as I can tell, there are two ways to go about it.

Hold your mouse over the picture--when all the codes and related stuff appear, go to the top of that box and click on a link that says "click to add title." Then type in whatever tag you want.

Or, when all the codes and related stuff appear, click on the box immediately under the picture. Then go down near the bottom of the album and click on "choose action"--then click on "tag selected." I think this way gives you a little more room for typing in your desired tag.

There may be other ways to do this also--like I said, I've never done it myself.

Oh, I should add, this process is very slow on my computer, so be prepared to wait on each step.

Hope that helps. Good luck.

Kate

• kstrong
    12 years ago

Thanks for that link to Fastone. Just used it for something I was in the middle of when I came across this post. It did, in fact, work like a charm.

I usually use Picasa, which I find the easiest to navigate of the online picture editors that are free. However, one thing Picasa will not do is take a picture of limited size that is posted on the web and make it bigger in my home file. (Picasa will only crop smaller.) Fastone did make my picture that I captured off the web bigger. Voila.
    Again, thanks
    Kathy

• landperson
    12 years ago

Kathy, you are very welcome. My smart brother turned me onto the Fastone programs a while ago, and I've been very pleased with them. AND, for all of the information that you have shared here at GW, it's just about time I got to share something your way !!!!

Susan

• harborrose_pnw
    12 years ago

hi, Jeri,
    I've been playing with resizing the photos using I-Photo on my Mac. I've needed to resize in order to upload some of my pics onto hmf.

You export them, set the pixels you want, choose where you want it exported. When I upload photos onto hmf, I just find the photo from wherever I exported it to in my computer's memory. Iphoto keeps your original.

There is a free program called Gimp that works with Mac/I-Photo that I'm going to try using sometime as well. There are a couple of different apps that will work with the I Photo but haven't used them, only because so far I haven't needed to do much outside of I Photo.

hth, Gean

• Glenburn
    12 years ago

Thanks for all the help, at present I am doing tutorials of the one's memtioned and a couple of others, Regards David.