9 years ago

Tipsy candelabra holding up well as a cut bouquet

Comments (25)

• iris_gal
    9 years ago

Lovely blooms!

• jerijen
    9 years ago

Always heard of it, never seen it. Thank you!

Jeri

• Kippy
    9 years ago

A that is so pretty!

That might have to be on the sprung RU order

• Brittie - La Porte, TX 9a
    9 years ago

Really beautiful arrangement! This is one of my favorite roses.

• kater17
    9 years ago

Oh that is a gorgeous rose! Any idea how big it gets? How about disease resistance? I love it!

• ArbutusOmnedo 10/24
    9 years ago

Haha, I had a very similar thought, Kippy! What a gorgeous rose, thanks for sharing!

Jay

• boncrow66
    9 years ago

Ohh la la..... That is soo pretty and delicate looking. Love the color.

• Prettypetals_GA_7-8
    9 years ago

Oh WOW! Gotta have it! Gone to shop!

• Prettypetals_GA_7-8
    9 years ago

Just sent email to RU. Gonna add to my spring order if they have it. Can we get more pics? Please. Going to go look on HMF some more. Beautiful!!!

• Kippy
    9 years ago

Oh man, I will be last in line! Where is my commission....lol

If nothing else it would be fun to mention that you have a Tipsy Imperial Concubine you keep in the garden

• jaspermplants
    9 years ago

Great rose; one of my best roses, always in bloom (when it's not too hot, of course). Very fragrant. I highly recommend this beautiful rose for dry climates. Great cut flower too.

• Adam Harbeck
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Instant bouquet

• Adam Harbeck
    Original Author
    9 years ago

On fortuneana in a tub. Very healthy but quite squat.

• Adam Harbeck
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Newer plant on multiflora. Paler leaves and smaller, less fragrant blooms. Hopefully it gets stronger in time

• mustbnuts zone 9 sunset 9
    9 years ago

Beautiful!!!

• ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9
    9 years ago

I had no idea this rose was so gorgeous! Where has it been? Off to check it out on HMF. Thanks Adam for highlighting this really beautiful rose. I'd heard the name many times but had never seen a picture of it that was anything close to yours.

Ingrid

• Tessiess, SoCal Inland, 9b, 1272' elev
    9 years ago

Location makes a big difference. I thought the photos of the flowers were beautiful, so I bought TIC. In my garden unfortunately the flowers were always brown on the edges and so didn't open well. It had a very lopsided growth habit, so that may account for the "tipsy" in the name. But worst of all the plant blackspotted badly here (where this malady is rarely seen) and completely defoliated in the spring. I gave it away.

Melissa

• ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9
    9 years ago

Melissa, you've brought me back down to earth with your comments since we live in a similar area. Blackspot I do not need, and I also read on HMF that it balls badly in the spring. The ethereal perfection shown in Adam's photos is obviously not a reality everywhere. Just as well as I'm trying to downsize my garden.

Ingrid

• Brittie - La Porte, TX 9a
    9 years ago

I would love to get another, I love it so. Very heat tolerant. Took this picture in October. My plant is a skinny five feet tall. I cut it back to four feet this summer trying to make it branch, but it just grew back to five feet. Lol. I'm interested in seeing what it does next year, its third in my garden.

This post was edited by brittie on Fri, Nov 14, 14 at 12:01

• Prettypetals_GA_7-8
    9 years ago

So stinking beautiful!! I have sev roses that ball off and on but usually have lots of times they don't ball and make ya wanna slap your mama bc they're so beautiful!! Lol! I have one on order for spring delivery. Soooooo excited. I really gotta stay OFF GW!!! Judy

• erasmus_gw
    9 years ago

It balls fairly often here but when the blooms open they're outstandingly beautiful and intensely fragrant. My plant has declined some due to shade and the extreme cold last winter, but did survive the winter. It's a keeper for me.

• Marlorena
    9 years ago

Like so many others - I'm hooked !...

..surprised it's available in England but mine will be heading for the greenhouse...

• jaspermplants
    9 years ago

Brittle, mine has been in my garden 3 plus years and it is about 5 feet tall and very angular looking, almost like a young tea rose but it is a mature plant so probably won't change in shape much now. The bush itself is not pretty but the blooms sure are!!

Mine does ball when it rains here, which is not that often, so is not much of a problem! I think the blooms are definitely better in my climate in the fall. My bush is full of booms right now.

As mentioned, good rose for a dry climate.

• paparoseman
    9 years ago

I bought one from Roses Unlimited and planted it this past summer. It is still building up it's root system and is throwing longer canes now. For me it is fairly disease resistant.