Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mashamcl

Fall in South Bay (pictures)

mashamcl
13 years ago

I am going through my fall pictures and thought I would post some, even though this is not a gallery and there are no roses... I apologize for this, but maybe it will provide a bit of entertainment. We went out for lunch today, and then the kids asked to be taken to a park, but they fell asleep on the way (too much food?), so my husband and I drove around a little:-). I hope you like the result.

{{gwi:325793}}

{{gwi:325794}}

{{gwi:325795}}

{{gwi:325797}}

{{gwi:325798}}

{{gwi:325799}}

{{gwi:325800}}

{{gwi:325801}}

{{gwi:325802}}

{{gwi:325803}}

{{gwi:325804}}

{{gwi:325805}}

{{gwi:325806}}

Comments (24)

• ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9
    13 years ago

Really gorgeous! I didn't even miss the roses. Loved the fall foliage with the beautiful hills in the background.

Ingrid

• thonotorose
    13 years ago

Thank you. I don't ever get to see that.

Veronica

• rosefolly
    13 years ago

Just beautiful. Where were you photographing? It looks a bit like Saratoga. If we don't get the rain that is predicted for Sunday, I may go on a drive myself.

Rosefolly

• sammy zone 7 Tulsa
    13 years ago

Those are very pretty pictures. Thanks.
    Sammy

• mendocino_rose
    13 years ago

I love it. I grew up on the peninsula.

• mashamcl
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thank you!

Rosefolly, you are right, a lot of these were taken in Saratoga.

Masha

• sabalmatt_tejas
    13 years ago

Beautiful pics

• sherryocala
    13 years ago

Beautiful! Thanks for the fall foliage, Japanese maple & the fabulous curb plantings. Love it.

Sherry

• holleygarden Zone 8, East Texas
    13 years ago

These are beautiful. Thanks for sharing. I am surrounded by pine trees, so here it looks like summer still. I forget how beautiful fall can be.

• roselee z8b S.W. Texas
    13 years ago

As someone on another thread said and I repeat, your photos bring me out of lurking to comment :-)

The tapestry of foliage in the photos is absolutely stunning! Thank you!

• oldblush
    13 years ago

BEAUTIFUL!

• mashamcl
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thank you very much. I am so glad you liked these pictures.

Masha

• zeffyrose
    13 years ago

Thank you so much for these lovely pictures----Fall is a favorite time for me---not only the colors but the birth of my son 56 years ago----

I love the colors and the crisp weather---just nice for a sweatshirt----

Florence

• mnkitty
    13 years ago

Masha,
    Beautiful pictures. I especially like the enchanted forest trees in the 4th from the bottom picture.
    Thanks,
    Kitty

Florence,
    Every time I see your name pop up, I have the image of you surrounded by your ZD rose and, it makes me smile.
    Thanks,
    Kitty

• sanrosa
    13 years ago

Spectacular photos! I love one with the the sculpted hedge and also, the expansive lawn with the luxuriating dog!
    I always love your photos. Thank you for sharing them!
    Sandra

• mashamcl
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thank you.

• carol6ma_7ari
    13 years ago

I had no idea that Calif. had brilliant autumn colors of leaves like in New England. Red leaves AND roses. When can I move in?

Carol

• rosefolly
    13 years ago

Carol, we'd be delighted to have you move here! However, our native trees do not turn color, as you can see by looking at the more distant hills in those beautiful photographs. People who moved here from the east missed those colors, and sought out trees that would do well in our climate and give good fall color. The most brilliant is probably the Chinese pistache; there are a few others.

The Appalachian region of the east has just the right native trees, lots of rainfall, and sharp fall frosts that all combine to make probably the most brilliant fall color on the planet. Some of Europe has good color, too but I don't think anything is quite as blazingly bright as you find there.

Rosefolly

• aimeekitty
    13 years ago

beautiful, I always love the rolling hills in the san jose area.

• hoovb zone 9 sunset 23
    13 years ago

Enchanting. Thank you for taking the time to post those. I loved seeing them.

• User
    13 years ago

Those were Gorgeous! Here a few from NYC Washington Square, NY Botanical & Brooklyn Botanical Gardens.
    {{gwi:325807}}

{{gwi:325808}}

{{gwi:325809}}

Here is a link that might be useful: Fall Photos about 200

• rosefolly
    13 years ago

Labrea, those are lovely, too. I especially like the one with the boughs of the trees bending over the stream. I remember scenes like that from my girlhood in Pennsylvania.

Rosefolly

• mashamcl
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thank you for the comments, and lovely pictures, labrea. The one with the reflections in the water is especially beautiful.

Masha

• melissa_thefarm
    13 years ago

Wow. Much loved and properly cared-for trees, AND fall color, AND well-thought out gardens. Reminds me of all I miss here in Italy, land of summer drought and home of the Pathological Pruners' Association (possession of a chainsaw required for membership). Thanks for posting.
    Melissa