Return to the Antique Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Souviner de brod/ Erinnerung an Brod

Posted by Alana7bSC 8a (My Page) on
Thu, Dec 19, 13 at 12:11

Does anyone grow this rose? If you do what's it like? Growth, does anyone grow it in alot of shade or full sun? Is the growth easy to control or better for a big spot? Any information would be extremely welcome as well as pictures, Thanks in advance!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Souviner de brod/ Erinnerung an Brod

There was a recent posting on this rose. Do a search; it may interest you.

o

Thanks, their are some, most I already read.. which one in particular are you talking about, to help me narrow it down?

o

There is a comment from Nippstress in the thread "Any Comments on these Roses?" just below on the rose Erinnerung an Brod. Diane

o

I have this rose in my garden and it grows to about 6 feet tall in sandy soil and it then bends over with the weight of the flowers. The canes do have loads of bigger than normal thorns. I keep mine pruned out in the center so the thorns don't damage newer canes. Once blooming ,but for a longer than usual for an OGR. The fragrance to me is pleasant but not strong. It is one of my favourite OGRs you just beat the color and the shading of the flowers.

o

I forgot to mention that I grow mine in morning sun and then part shade all day.It would do okay with 4 hours of full sun and then shade all day. The shading of this rose is beautiful but this is a colour which will burn in hot sunshine.

o

Thanks Lynnette and nanadoll! I'll be getting it this spring :)

o

Lynnette, the color of your E an Brod is just stunning with its rich shading of purple tones. I've wanted it for several years, but space limitations probably make that impossible. How wide does your rose grow? Diane

o

It is typical growth of many of Geschwind roses. Has good vigor and so grows like a climber if you don't get mad with clippers. Mine is about 4 feet in width. It is one of the few OGRs that doesn't complain about being rained on.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Antique Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here