Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
alana8asc

Souviner de brod/ Erinnerung an Brod

Alana8aSC
10 years ago

Does anyone grow this rose? If you do what's it like? Growth, does anyone grow it in alot of shade or full sun? Is the growth easy to control or better for a big spot? Any information would be extremely welcome as well as pictures, Thanks in advance!

Comments (8)

• rinaldo
    10 years ago

There was a recent posting on this rose. Do a search; it may interest you.

• Alana8aSC
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks, their are some, most I already read.. which one in particular are you talking about, to help me narrow it down?

• nanadollZ7 SWIdaho
    10 years ago

There is a comment from Nippstress in the thread "Any Comments on these Roses?" just below on the rose Erinnerung an Brod. Diane

• lynnette
    10 years ago

I have this rose in my garden and it grows to about 6 feet tall in sandy soil and it then bends over with the weight of the flowers. The canes do have loads of bigger than normal thorns. I keep mine pruned out in the center so the thorns don't damage newer canes. Once blooming ,but for a longer than usual for an OGR. The fragrance to me is pleasant but not strong. It is one of my favourite OGRs you just beat the color and the shading of the flowers.

• lynnette
    10 years ago

I forgot to mention that I grow mine in morning sun and then part shade all day.It would do okay with 4 hours of full sun and then shade all day. The shading of this rose is beautiful but this is a colour which will burn in hot sunshine.

• Alana8aSC
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks Lynnette and nanadoll! I'll be getting it this spring :)

• nanadollZ7 SWIdaho
    10 years ago

Lynnette, the color of your E an Brod is just stunning with its rich shading of purple tones. I've wanted it for several years, but space limitations probably make that impossible. How wide does your rose grow? Diane

Sponsored
Fineline Deck Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars11 Reviews
Women Owned Construction Company Specializing in High Quality Decks