adam_harbeck

Pretty Jessica

Adam Harbeck
9 years ago

Lasts well when cut early

Comments (8)

• User
    9 years ago

I love this rose, but it really needs full sun which I can't give it at the moment. So it kinda just limps along.

Thank you for posting the beautiful picture.

• ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9
    9 years ago

That's absolutely lovely. It must be the heat or poor soil, but mine never looked like that and was also a poor bloomer. It also seemed to need a great deal of water so is gone now. Yours is definitely worth keeping!

Ingrid

• prickles
    9 years ago

Mine too hasnt been great, and has been
    struggling, Ingrid. She is OK in the bloom
    department, but health is a different
    Matter--mildew and rust. She is a small twig of a
    Plant when I got her a few months ago and I really
    Hope she will grow out of her infant pm and rust.
    Beautiful pic Adam, thank you for sharing.

This post was edited by prickles on Wed, Dec 10, 14 at 19:41

• daisyincrete Z10? 905feet/275 metres
    9 years ago

I have had my Pretty Jessica now for two years. It has plenty of sunshine and is completely healthy. However, it is very shy flowering. I think I could count the number of blooms it has produced so far, on my fingers.
    Hopefully, this next year, it will settle down to blooming more profusely.
    That is a great photo Adam. Here is one of my, (rare) blooms.
    Daisy

{{gwi:2122271}}

• mustbnuts zone 9 sunset 9
    9 years ago

I have had mine less than a year on her own root. She is a blooming machine! Very healthy, no BS, rust, PM or anything. I love her. She doesn't make a good cut rose for me, but she has tolerated the heat well and it gets hot here! Hardly any thorns either--another plus. Amazing the difference a few miles makes in how a rose performs!

• ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9
    9 years ago

I just realized why I like Adam's PJ so much. The flowers are actually fairly open and show a lot of petals, while mine always looked like Daisy's, never really going past that cupped stage, until the petals dropped.

Ingrid

• Adam Harbeck
    Original Author
    9 years ago

My PJ did BS in winter snd has a few recent minor bouts of PM because of the weird hot-cold-damp-hot weather we've had which I tackled with seasol (no spray). I have her growing in a pot which suits her small proportions. She's on fortuneiana, is fed with sudden impact for roses and gets regular watering with dirty aquarium water from my fertilser machines.

• Adam Harbeck
    Original Author
    9 years ago

My PJ did BS in winter snd has a few recent minor bouts of PM because of the weird hot-cold-damp-hot weather we've had which I tackled with seasol (no spray). I have her growing in a pot which suits her small proportions. She's on fortuneiana, is fed with sudden impact for roses and gets regular watering with dirty aquarium water from my fertilser machines.

{{gwi:2122270}}